Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
xeno

YouMagine covered in spam

18 minutes ago, nallath said:

Well, it's not Ultimakers problem, but it's still nasty that it's out there. I'm also not that sure it's illegal to have in the Netherlands though (youtube, for instance, is filled with videos on how to make guns in a home shop). 

And Ultimaker being connected to Youmagine, (not officially, but still)  this is probably not good for business 😕

when was it sold off ?

Edited by xeno

Yeah, that's why I contacted a few people within Ultimaker, but we don't have any admin accounts, so it's not like we can remove it.

I'm not quite sure when it was sold off, but it was some time ago.

Hi all,

These Liberator designs have been removed. They had slipped through the cracks. Thanks for reporting them here.

Even though this eventually reaches us, it might not be the quickest way, we have created a private Telegram channel to directly remove spam posts. The channels gives a quick preview of each new post and has direct buttons to "Spam it" or take a closer look. The buttons in the channel will then directly update to reflect that it's been spammed and you can undo this.

image.thumb.png.b528b98fca1956d7457a175e8f56cb81.png

If anyone wants to help combat spam and designs like this, we would sure welcome this. Of course we would like to explain it a bit before we do this. E.g. a person can mute the channel and we can discuss in this channel to ensure someone is "on duty" but not everyone in this is distracted with each new post (I would argue: in today's day and age, attention is one of the most scarce resources).

To reach me, you can e-mail me at ym - at - erikdebruijn.nl. If you're already on Telegram you can use @ErikDB there. Of course, don't feel any obligation to volunteer for this, but know that it is appreciated and probably saves time to catch spammers and "problematic" designs/posts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ErikDeBruijn said:

Hi all,

These Liberator designs have been removed. They had slipped through the cracks. Thanks for reporting them here.

Removed ?, they are still there, and with plenty of downloads 😕

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/super-liberator-3d-print-kit-gun-40-15

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/22lr-liberator-3d-print-kit-gun

1 hour ago, xeno said:

Oop. I used one post to ban the user and remove that one, however I assumed the others (made by a banned user) would automatically become invisible. I should've checked, because obviously this is worse content than your average spam design. :S

Thanks again for noticing...

1 hour ago, ErikDeBruijn said:

Oop. I used one post to ban the user and remove that one, however I assumed the others (made by a banned user) would automatically become invisible. I should've checked, because obviously this is worse content than your average spam design. :S

Thanks again for noticing...

you still missed one 🙂

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/marvel-revolver-3d-print-kit-gun-57-3

is also usable as a real gun !