Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
upatamby

Request: zoom from mouse-cursor

Hi, 

I have a request for Cura.

When zooming in or out, the zoom function always uses the center of the screen as the origin-point. Many other (design-)programs use the current mouse-cursor as the origin while zooming. That makes it much easier to go quickly to a specific point without having to switch between zooming and dragging all the time. You just point with the cursor to a point and zoom in to that point, just by using the scrollwheel. Inspecting another detail would also become very easy: zoom out, point to the other detail and zoom in.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, peggyb said:

in the preferences is the option: center camera when object is selected,

not exactly what you mean, but comes close...

Thanks for the tip.

But selecting an object is not always what you want, because as soon as you select an object you also select an action like move, scale or rotate, and then you could accidentilly make unintended changes.

So I still hope for an implementation of my request.

21 minutes ago, peggyb said:

in the preferences is the option: center camera when object is selected,

not exactly what you mean, but comes close...

Thanks to peggyb I looked a bit further and then I noticed another preference setting: Zoom toward mouse direction.

That is almost exactly what I wanted. There is only one (smaller) annoyance: the zooming goes in big steps. I would prefer a smoother zoom-behaviour. But that might also be a problem with my Logitech mouse.

• Like 1