Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
GFlow

Tips for printing TPU 95A

Hey everyone.  I tried to start printing some TPU 95A today and I had issues with stringing and the interlayer adhesion.  The piece I made has already cracked in 3 different places.  I am using the advanced printing kit cover with a polybox to keep the filament from getting too much moisture.  The RH is about 56% because I live in New Orleans.  Please see some photos below.

MVIMG_20180402_100833.jpg

MVIMG_20180402_102541.jpg

Bump for help.  I did print some other ones that have turned out better, but I am still getting stringing.  I think the first one had some PLA still stuck in the print core.  I have tried to mess with the travel by adjusting combing mode so that the print head doesn't go outside the part, but I still get it making travels across the part causing bad stringing in the middle.  How do I fix this?

I have the Ultimaker 2+ and my only time doing TPU95A was with a part with no support and I looked up tips before and that is where i saw the oven trick. So I put the spool in a little toaster oven at like 75C for like 30 min and another 30 min on the buildplate in the printer at 60C but I live in canada so it's less humid maybe it's a big factor.