Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
g.davis

Cura Connect | Android | Disconnecting with NFC PVA?

This is the weirdest issue that I have been troubleshooting for months.  I have a lot of trouble connecting to my UM3 both with Cura (all OS X versions) and with Ultimaker 3 android app (v1.0.1). 

When I load Ultimaker PVA onto the printer it disconnects and refuses all control connections. I can always see it with the manual IP address and pings come back fine. When I remove the NFC PVA and select PVA manually I have no issues.  The only exception appears to be after a firmware update it will connect until the printer is restarted.  It is almost acting like port 80 (control port) stops listening as soon as the NFC chip recognizes a spool of filament.  I have tried resetting the printer to factory defaults and clearing the Cura Connect cache.  Does anyone else experience this?

I am a teacher on a medium-large network.  We are an Apple network but I have an Android S8+ (Oreo).  At this time I am no longer suspecting this is a network issue but a weird bug.

Edited by g.davis