Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Hey everyone!

I have a ultimaker 2 and i recently bought the gear feeder from the UM2 upgrade kit (https://ultimaker.com/en/products/extrusion-upgrade-kit part n°4) to replace the standard one.

Now i have a problem, i need to update the firmware of the printer but ther isn't a version of the firmware with only a partial upgrade, and the full kit include a new printer head with a new heater cartridge (35w) and a new temperature sensor (PT-100).

If i upgrade the firmwar to the "full kit" update does it work ? If not what can i do ?

Thx.

Thank you Nicolinux,

I have upgraded the printer via cura to the UM2+ firmware (Cura -> Preferences - Printers - Ultimaker 2+  - upgrade firmware) but now the direction of the feeder is reversed, when it should load the filament it unload it and same thing when i try to load it the feeder unload it.

Any ideas ?

Ok weird. Maybe something went wrong in Cura and it selected the wrong firmware.

Maybe create a new UM2+ printer (make sure it is the + version) and update the firmware again. With the new feeder the direction of the motor is reversed compared to the UM2 feeder. If your new feeder moves the wrong way after the firmware upgrade, it must mean that your printer still has the UM2 firmware.

It doesn't upload the firmware, i have created a new printer (UM2+) and updated it again. Same result. I have also tried to upload the firmware after a "factory reset" of the 3D printer. Nothin is changed, in the 3D printer menu under (maintenance - advanced - version) the last update is from Jul 4 2017 Version_2.6.2