Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Steo

per model settings

Sorry as this is a newbie question...

I want to build a support for a model, and I am using a separate object for the support. Now, I see everywhere on this blog, that the "per model settings" allows to specify different parameters. so the support object could be set as a light density and the main model at a high quality.

But I don't see any per model settings options anywhere. What am I missing?

I use Cura v 3.2.1

Thanks

Per model settings is a tool in the toolbar on the left. Make sure your sidebar is in the Custom mode, select your object in the viewport, and use the last tool in the toolbar. 

Thank you! yes of course, it was greyed out because I was not in custom mode. I was wondering if it was because I am actually using BCN3D Cura SW version 2.0.0. And since I am on this topic, why is there a special BCN3D Cura version for the BCN3D printers like sigma or sigmax, instead of having the same Cura version 3.2.1 handle that printer among all the others?

Anyway I will experiment now with manual support, as I can't make any  sense of what the Sigma printer produces when I select "add Support" using BCN3D Cura.

Thanks again