Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Hi guys i have this problem were my ultimaker 2+ over extruseds like in the photo i've tried printing at a lower temp and and printing slower 

thanks in advance  

IMG_0146.JPG

Nope, no wires there. 

The yellow and green wires are your side fans. Blue and orange are in the middle of the board are your hot end cooling fan.

Here's what it should look like (I have the EXP 1 and EXP 2 wires unplugged here because the cable is too short to leave them plugged in and show off the board this way):

IMG_3530.thumb.jpg.32adf7cdc3e2ad03f65d8b3c155001cf.jpg

Edited by fbrc8-erin

So basically your fans aren't working but your question is that it over extrudes? Maybe you should adjust the topic name/start a new, so when this gets solved other people that experience the same problem can find it more easily.

I would suggest: verify that your fans are set to 100% speed while printing PLA, and that they are running indeed. Then try printing this model slow (25mm/s?), cool (195°C?), and put a desktop fan at some distance (1...2m?) in front of the printer at slowest speed. Edges of sharp overhangs often have a tendency to curl up if printed hot and fast, on both of my UM2. This causes irregularities in the model, very similar to yours. The effect can be reduced by printing slow and cool, but not totally eliminated.

If you don't want to waste too much material just for testing, try cutting off the bottom part of the model and only print the problematic top.