Arrrrrgghhhh it almost printed it !!! HELP!!!

Posted · Arrrrrgghhhh it almost printed it !!! HELP!!!

Oh and about the different slicers.  I thought I answered that one.  It's really really complicated.  There are dozens of parameters that if you change will make almost no difference in your print but will cause the printer to experience much higher accelerations.  Higher accelerations means a loose pulley is more likely to slip on the shaft.  In both cura and s3d.

For example if you print a cube with rounded corners and there are 20 points representing a 1mm curve at a corner.  Some slicers will put all 20 points into the gcode which will bring the printer almost to a stop and you get lower accelerations.  Some slicers (cura) will remove some of those points if they are closer than a certain tolerance (there is a setting) and the printer won't slow down so much on the corner.  This is not the best example.  

Plus Marlin (the UM firmware) has some bugs where it accelerates more than desired.  I mean you know it's a bit of a hack just by the fact it has 2 (TWO!) max acceleration values.  Typically most UM printers have one set to 5000mm/sec/sec and the other is 9000mm/sec/sec.  Why does it need 2?   It tries to stick to the lower value but sometimes the planner exceeds the lower value but then it truly promises not to exceed the second value?  Why?  It's complicated.  Again - spend 10 hours reading the code if you really want to know.  Just the path planner code - not all of Marlin.

Don't worry about the slicers.  The slicers are fine.  Fix the printer.

17 hours ago, CostumeBiz said:

M907 E1400 ; increase extruder current

G28 ; home all axes

G1 X20 Y10 F3000 ; bring extruder to front

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length

G1 Z10 ; lower

G1 E19 F200 ; purge nozzle quickly

G1 E26 F60 ; purge nozzle slowly

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length again

G1 E-5.5 F400 ; retract

G1 X190 Z0 F9000 ; pull away filament

G1 X210 F9000 ; wipe

G1 Y20 F9000 ; wipe

G1 E0 ; feed filament back

Here's the starting script from Simplify3D

I recommend to remove the first line (M907) as soon as possible. This command increases the motor current for the extruder motor to 1400mA - that's too much and asks for trouble...

(i think the topic "overheating of stepper drivers" was already mentioned). It's only changed for the e-axis - but who knows....?

The default is 1250mA (or 1200?) - i use 1100mA for years without problems.

For older versions of S3D this was the standard script, but newer versions do not longer add this line to the start script (AFAIK).

So I should paste this script into S3D?

AFAIK

G28 ; home all axes

G1 X20 Y10 F3000 ; bring extruder to front

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length

G1 Z10 ; lower

G1 E19 F200 ; purge nozzle quickly

G1 E26 F60 ; purge nozzle slowly

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length again

G1 E-5.5 F400 ; retract

G1 X190 Z0 F9000 ; pull away filament

G1 X210 F9000 ; wipe