CR-10 With OctoPi Pause at height issues

miniquandt

Posted · CR-10 With OctoPi Pause at height issues

This isn't my first time I had an issue with pause at height, but I don't know if this is an issue with Cura or Octopi.

For some reason when I try and print this file the first half prints fine, but when I get to the pause at height, all of a sudden it stops extruding when it resumes. Either has anyone else had this issue, or is there a way that I can view the gcode in anything other than Octopi? 

Here is my current setup

Printer CR-10

Slicer: Cura

Plugin: Pause at Height

height: 4mm

Park Print Head X: 10mm

Y: 10mm

retraction: 25

Retraction speed: 25

extrude amount: 5

redo layers: 0

standby temp: 195

resume temp: 205

I need to get this printed by tuesday. I can print in one color (I have printed a few already) but I would like to get dual colors. I will try different settings to see if any of them work better.

Also I viewed the gcode in a online gcode viewer and got the same massive retraction issues.

1st place2color.gcode

Posted · CR-10 With OctoPi Pause at height issues

I attempted different pause options (with a online g-code viewer). The only ones that didn't create a bunch of retractions issues are the "Pause at Height (BQ Printere)" and "Color Change". Should I use one of these instead of the "Pause at Height? 

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong. I am loving useing Cura, but getting the pauseing to work properly has been frustrating.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies