Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Hey ! 

I have sever underextrusion problems since aprox 2 weeks and can't solve it... So here i am :p 

I know that the hot end is not the problem and it is happening from the extruder, it is not the gear chewing on the filament, so my best guess is that the extruder motor is skipping steps ! 

After my failed prints, you can see the filament all the way up in my hotend ! Also tried different softwares ( cura; slic3r, simplify 3D ) same results

you can see two prints with holes in them ( first week of troubleshooting ) and the one where it just stoped extruding, doing the same thing since one week !

have any idea what's going on ?

thanks all :))))

20180328_115849.thumb.jpg.51286fd4fe4f5974a0e2c51791d8de00.jpg20180406_223325.thumb.jpg.154e440bc8d919ced787c47e5e6fc0ec.jpg20180407_233424.thumb.jpg.ae0ba86bccf17a69e057a01b667b34d8.jpg

Have you checked the actual diameter of your filament? (Determine at several places in 2 directions (90°). I once had a woody filament that was only about 1,6 mm despite its declaration of 1,8 and it also under extruded for this reason. Giving Cura the actual diameter of the filament fixed this issue.

Other than that, I guess it could be that your teflon coupler needs replacement.