Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LibrarianBrian2

AA & BB print cores?

Hello,  I'm pretty new to the world of 3d printing but I had a question about the print cores.  Should I only be printing PVA in the BB print core? What could happen if I put PLA into the BB print core?  If I'm printing two different colors in PLA, do I need to pick up an additional AA print core / is it better to pick up an additional print core?  Is there somewhere online which explains the best use / differences in the print cores?

Thanks

Brian

PVA is printed in BB cores only on an Ultimaker 3. However, you can print everything with a BB core, Cura and the printer give you warnings bet let you override them. You will get significant oozing for PLA in a BB core. For two-color prints you use two AA cores; that's why every Ultimaker 3 comes with two AA 0.4mm and one BB 0.4mm core.

The mechanical difference between AA and BB cores is the internal geometry of the nozzle.

• Like 1