ultimaker 3 surface problem

sutter

Posted · ultimaker 3 surface problem

Hi,

i got a problem with my new ultimaker3

if i print round objects, the surface is raw.

my results are far better with my 300 dollar anycubic.....

the picture shows the result of the anycubic  on the left and the result of the UM3 on the right.

anybody encountered this problem before?

thanks in advance

IMG_5326.JPG

Hi @sutter, thank you for your post and welcome to the forums! 

What filament are you using? And what print core? Have you used other materials in that print core as well?

The bottom also doesn't look great. Do you use default Cura profiles?

Posted (edited) · ultimaker 3 surface problem

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply : )

i print with original UM pla.

the bottom (1cm) shows the inside change of the object. it goes from solid to hollow after about 1cm.

The settings are close to standard. I changed :

the z seam alignment to random 

infill to 80%

optimize wall printing order enabled

first layer temp to 200°

top / bottom pattern to concentric

Printcore is the standard 0.4

modelled with fusion360

thanks in advance.

Edited by sutter

Hi @sutter

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for my late response, I have been away to a show due to the Ultimaker S5 launch. 

Using Ultimaker PLA and these settings don't give me any indication why you would be slightly under extruding. Would you mind to share the STL?

And can you try a different reel of filament, to see if perhaps your filament got too brittle over time?

The random seam setting might be responsible for the blobs. Try to set it back to default, switch off z hop and make sure combing is enabled. Then check the layer view for unnecessary travels.

+1 for @Dim3nsioneer

If the value "infill before walls" is checked, it must be unchecked (forever)

Looks like the ultimaker one was printed quicker due to the size of the stepper lines? Photos of identical models side by side would be nice. Some settings are wrong thats for sure. Id try default settings before changing anything.

10 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

Looks like the ultimaker one was printed quicker due to the size of the stepper lines? Photos of identical models side by side would be nice. Some settings are wrong thats for sure. Id try default settings before changing anything.

Though the pics provided may be from the same model, they are not from the same vantage point. I direct point to point would be more helpful. Also, do you have an issue uploading the .curaproject.3mf with all the settings and model intact for inspection?

Also, it would seem that the infill may be showing through the walls?