foehnsturm

Flow sensor for the UM2+ (and even perhaps for the UM3) - Call for pilot users

Posted · Flow sensor for the UM2+ (and even perhaps for the UM3) - Call for pilot users

@gr5 I tried as you suggested and ran the filament through by hand facing the way it would be go normally and it seems to get caught and stop the rollers each time. 

I had tried with some straight filament and it was fine. With the curve like normal it gets stuck. 

I tried to file down the teeth a bit but it didn’t help. 

Posted · Flow sensor for the UM2+ (and even perhaps for the UM3) - Call for pilot users

With "gets stuck" do you mean the filament can't be moved anymore or the filament keeps moving but the sensor gear doesn't turn (sensor wheels slipping)?

Gets stuck was a bad choice of word. The rollers stop turning, but filament continues to pass.   As mentioned in the first part of that last post. 

On 5/14/2019 at 2:26 PM, foehnsturm said:

PM with shipping address so far:

@Nomo

@gr5 (new)

Other guys, come on!

I need a little more feedback to place the parts order. 

Sent you a PM

So now it's:

@Nomo

@gr5

@Scrat82

@deisengard (3 units)

Almost a reasonable number. However due to holiday season here the new estimated shipping would be late August.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:17 PM, foehnsturm said:

So now it's:

@Nomo

@gr5

@Scrat82

@deisengard (3 units)

Almost a reasonable number. However due to holiday season here the new estimated shipping would be late August.

Don't forget about me 😉 (I already sent you a pm)!

Count me in UM2+

On 7/16/2019 at 11:17 AM, foehnsturm said:

So now it's:

@Nomo

@gr5

@Scrat82

@deisengard (3 units)

Any updates on this? I would still like to get 3 of these, and maybe even a 4th or 5th because i plan on getting a few more um2+'s in the near future.

Well this is a very interesting topic, but while reading this I lost track of the development progress for the UM3 version of the sensor, does anybody have an update?

Maybe now that the S3 is released (and the UM3, S5 and S3 run on the same code base) it would be a bit easier to implement the sensor for the UM3 since there is already a woring implementation for the S line printers.