Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Stable

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Stable

The materials are once again sorted by color and not by materials. Could it be possible to sort them by materials again, or maybe give us a way to sort them ourselves?

materials.thumb.png.3993afb631cd1e26a896da36e3b7e0c0.png

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Stable
    9 minutes ago, Brulti said:

Could it be possible to sort them by materials again

Are you saying there's a Cura version where they were sorted by material?

The sorting has annoyed me for a while, but sorting by material is actually not quite straightforward in the architecture that was set up. The current sorting is actually not by color, but by name. I agree that that window could still use some TLC, especially if it is expanded with many more materials.

Edited by ahoeben

They were sorted by materials on the previous one, 3.2.1. I had all the PLA first with every color, then ABS I think, and so on.

I'd rather have the sorting by name use the name of the materials rather than the color as it is now.

I have tryed to use the Cura 3.3 with my UM3 and PLA. But the 2 or 3 prints did not stick to the bed fro some reason. I went bacck to the older one and perfect.

Also I did not understand the Monitor.

Thank you

I updated to Cura 3.3.1 .

But I always run into software crashes.

Everything works fine before I have loaded my old JSON file.

Since I put in the old JSON file, the software could not be opened.

The error message is as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 969, in _find_and_load

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 958, in _find_and_load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 664, in _load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 634, in _load_backward_compatible

File "__startup__.py", line 12, in <module>

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 969, in _find_and_load

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 958, in _find_and_load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 664, in _load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 634, in _load_backward_compatible

File "Console.py", line 24, in <module>

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\bin\cura_app.py", line 141, in <module>

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\cura\CuraApplication.py", line 652, in run

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\cura\Machines\MaterialManager.py", line 107, in initialize

KeyError: 'GUID'

The log is as follows:

Thread 0x0000266c (most recent call first):

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\UM\Backend\Backend.py", line 155 in _storeStderrToLogThread

File "threading.py", line 862 in run

File "threading.py", line 914 in _bootstrap_inner

File "threading.py", line 882 in _bootstrap

Thread 0x000018c4 (most recent call first):

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\UM\Backend\Backend.py", line 147 in _storeOutputToLogThread

Thread 0x000019b0 (most recent call first):

File "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 3.3\plugins\USBPrinting\USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager.py", line 66 in _updateThread

Thread 0x000021d0 (most recent call first):

File "threading.py", line 293 in wait

File "threading.py", line 424 in acquire

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\UM\JobQueue.py", line 86 in _nextJob

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\UM\JobQueue.py", line 116 in run

Thread 0x000003c4 (most recent call first):

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\UM\JobQueue.py", line 86 in _nextJob

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\UM\JobQueue.py", line 116 in run

Thread 0x00001f74 (most recent call first):

Thread 0x00001490 (most recent call first):

Thread 0x00002214 (most recent call first):

File "threading.py", line 297 in wait

File "zeroconf.py", line 1569 in wait

File "zeroconf.py", line 1153 in run

Thread 0x00002164 (most recent call first):

File "zeroconf.py", line 1569 in wait

File "zeroconf.py", line 1017 in run

Thread 0x00001308 (most recent call first):

File "zeroconf.py", line 946 in run

Thread 0x00001408 (most recent call first):

File "threading.py", line 549 in wait

File "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 3.3\plugins\UM3NetworkPrinting\UM3OutputDevicePlugin.py", line 274 in _handleOnServiceChangedRequests

Thread 0x00000810 (most recent call first):

File "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 3.3\plugins\RemovableDriveOutputDevice\RemovableDrivePlugin.py", line 61 in _updateThread

Current thread 0x00000ea0 (most recent call first):

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\cura\CrashHandler.py", line 364 in _logInfoWidget

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\cura\CrashHandler.py", line 214 in _createDialog

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\cura\CrashHandler.py", line 82 in __init__

File "X:\3.3\build\inst\bin\cura_app.py", line 101 in exceptHook

Please help me solve this problem. Thanks very much!!!

I need this old JSON file to use my 3dprinter.Thanks very much!!!

Edited by cooljing

I had the same issue as TONYDG - could not get a SINGLE print sliced in newest version to adhere to bed on any of my printers, and in fact even downgrading version didn't fix. Each of my printers is different, and use their own machine profile and printing profile - I believe the upgrade screwed something up in there that I cannot find to fix, and I am a very experienced printer. Unbelievably frustrating issue

Hi, is this normal?

image.png.a795e1d0992e15ca8e9cc8abb6ddc8df.png

Thanks

has anyone else lost camera feed from octoprint in the latest stable build 3.3? it was working well in 3.2.

• Like 1

More people have reported it, but sofar I have not been able to reproduce it, let alone find a fix.

In 3.3 the network printing was rewritten, and the camera handling is part of that. There are reports that some UM3 users have the same issue.

Build volume error.

I can see it only AFTER i send job to printer. Why ?

Why is the error not seen while slicing ?

It is about raft for PC ultimaker.

UM3 CURA 3.3.1

Program crashes as soon as changelog is displayed.  Tried removing app, deleting the 3.3 folder in the Roaming directory and reinstalling 3.3.1 but it doesn't solve the problem.

Running on Surface Pro 5 (Windows 10).  Version 3.2.1 runs fine.

Any suggestions?

Since installing 3.3.1 I've noticed a significant increase in the Z scar width as compared to 3.2.1.  The model is printed with no infill (hollow) as I have always done.  It's an empty bottle.  The photos show the Z scar.  In 3.2.1 it was nice and straight, now in 3.3.1 t zig zags considerably, and really looks ugly on the outside of the model.    These screen shots of of the same model with the exact same settings.

1387012924_Cura321ZScar.thumb.JPG.837d67701058e42ffd0435210ce0f54a.JPG199507471_Cura331ZScar.thumb.JPG.60a2282ee2b055de7886efa8135135b4.JPG

Thoughts?

Mind to share the stl so others can try and see if it does the same on their computers?

Edited by Brulti

Attached STL file.  Printed with .8 nozzle, 2 walls, 0.2 layer, no infill, combing set to ALL, user defined Z at 250 X by 250 Y, model rotated 45° to put the Z scar along the long axis.

16oz_Laundry_Oval.STL

Have at it . . .

I have the same result with 'Z Seam Alignment' set to Shortest. It does the same even when choosing 'User Selected', there's still that wobble. Strange.

Make sure the Seam Corner Preference is set to None.

I've tried all of the selections, None, Hide, Expose, Hide - Expose.  Same result.  I've even gone so far as to make sure the Start Layer X & Start Layer Y settings in the Travel - Combing match the Z location X & Y settings.  This problem only just started with 3.3.1.  3.2.1 does not do it.

Not unique to this model.  Just a plain hollow Cylinder will do the same thing.  A tapered hollow Cylinder is slightly worse.  I wanted to transition over to 3.3.1 to take advantage of the Support Blocker, but this is kinda' a show stopper . . .☹️

There is a difference in some code in 3.3.1 to do with walls but I don't think it is causing the problem you are seeing and at the moment I can't reproduce your results. Could you please post a project file so that I can see all the settings as well as the model - thanks.

Here's a Project file of a much simpler shape.  Just a tapered Cylinder.  Same wobble in the Z seam.

Thanks for your help . . .

UM3E_300mL_Tapered_Cyl_Foamer.curaproject.3mf

Hi @XYZDesignPro, i've looked at your file and, as far as I can tell, the problem is due to the resolution of the model being such that the z-seam position can vary with height. To explore this, I temporarily modded Cura so that the first segment in each line was replaced with a travel move so it's easy to spot where the z-seam starts and then I modified the flow of the lines alternating every line so that it would be possible to see the line segments the model has. Here's a picture...

Screenshot_2018-05-01_15-49-29.thumb.png.bd9c2421b126250e55e835a99c1202c6.png

So the extruder is traveling from left to right and the LHS of the blue travel lines are the position of the z-seam. Near the top, the z-seam position is quite consistent, lower down, less so. Now look at the length of those line segments, some are much longer than others and when a line segment is long enough it can span the desired z-seam location and the seam ends up further to the right as is happening in this close up:

Screenshot_2018-05-01_15-55-12.png.766a14b4a035d538fb709fe1ba2c8b98.png

So I think the model needs to have higher resolution. One other thing, when specifying the x/y position of the z-seam, I recommend setting the x-seam relative option which makes it easier to specify points that are near to a particular point on the model - with the added bonus that if you move the model, the z-seam position hint moves with it.

Hope this helps, please get back to me if this doesn't solve your problem.

Thanks for the through analysis.  I'm using settings out of SolidWorks that are significantly finer than the default SW "Fine" settings, and have also gotten the same result when using the 3D Printing settings from the SW Plugin.  Attached is this same file sliced in 3.2.1.  As you can see the z seam is just about perfect.

UM3E_300mL_Tapered_Cyl_Foamer.curaproject-2.3mf

Also, I assume you meant z-seam relative not x-seam relative?  Oddly enough that setting says it's hidden, but when you check the box it shows up anyway. 

1993244655_z-seamrelative.JPG.04575cca7ac074b96d58e9a4a9c97468.JPG

That said the setting did not seem make any difference anyway.  BTW, in 3.3.1, I find that if I move the Z seam to a position of X - 116.5 and Y - 645, and uncheck the Z-relative the Z seam while not perfect, cleans up significantly.

Please let me know what you think about the attached file from 3.2.1.  Since 3.2.1 is working perfectly, I guess I'll just forgo the Support Blocker for now.

Again, thanks for looking into this . . .

Well, I think there has been a change in Cura that simplifies models and it's being a bit over-zealous. There is an experimental setting called Max Resolution and this has an influence. The min value of that will be 0.001 mm I should think because Cura internally works in micro-metres. I exported the model from the .3mf and displayed it in freecad and it appears to have sufficient resolution.

Screenshot_2018-05-01_18-01-15.thumb.png.2b2c321380bc51f2fb46bafc17e5d15a.png

Sorry, I don't have an answer, I recommend that you open an issue over at https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura

Edited by burtoogle

I don't have an account at Github to post to.  Perhaps someone on the forum with the Ultimaker team will see the conversation we have exchanged and jump in here. This is definitely a bug in this new release.  I think I still have 3.3 beta on my laptop.  I'm going to see if the same problem is in the beta.  I'll just continue to use 3.2.1 for now.

Thanks for you help just the same . . .

Hi

Since I've upgraded to 3.3.1 on my Mac, I no longer have access to network drives when saving a project.

Is that normal ?

Best

David