Problems with Cura and Tevo Little Monster - Prints starting too high

Ritchie

Posted · Problems with Cura and Tevo Little Monster - Prints starting too high

Hi!

Recently I bought a Tevo Little Monster after the succes I had with the Tevo Tarantula,
However I do have a problem with Cura,

Whenever I prepare a print in Cura 3.1 the print always starts about 5 mm from the buildplate, which is wierd, ( I've tried several printer profiles as well as several firmware flavors, but to no succes)
I had the same problem in Slic3r but in Slic3r I was able to alter the Z-offset in the printer profile itself and it works,
The problem being with that is that Slic3r itself is quite limited...

Cura 3.1 has no such setting to my knowledge, and I already tried to change the starting G-CODE, but to no avail with really counter intuitive results...

For example this is the normal start G-CODE of a Deltabot profile;
G28 ;Home
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 E0

I then altered that to;
G28 ;Home
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 Z-5.1 E0 (-5.1 referring to the approximate distance it starts too high.)

What happened was that the printer even started printing higher than it already did, but not by 5.1mm but by something like 20mm even, I then tried to swap it to a positive number, but actually the same happened.
I really can;t make heads or tails of it,

LAter I tried the following;
I changed it to a G1 command, which does work. But then it just moves to its actual 0 position (now Z-5.1) and then when it starts to move to its first coördinate it moves back up 5.1mm again...

I've also examined the G-CODE files themselves but I can't figure it out,
Does anybody have the solution to this problem?

Apex Series - Altair Wing - Semi Analogue Version 3 - Segment 2.gcode

TLM2_Apex Series - Altair Wing - Semi Analogue Version 3 - Segment 2.gcode

• 10 months later...