Monoprice ultimate

DonaldNaegele

Posted (edited) · Monoprice ultimate

Hi. 

Im totally new to 3d printing and cura. 

I just bought a monoprice ultimate printer. 

Talking to support has been a nightmare. They talk way above my head. 

How do I set up my printer in cura. My printer is not an option when you are asked which printer I have. 

Help. 

Thanks in advance. 

Don

Edited by DonaldNaegele

Posted · Monoprice ultimate

Hi,

If it's not in the list then select custom printer and set the settings there.

Most of the printers that use cura have some kind of groups (facebook, forums etc) where you should be able to find the information regarding this. Most probably on the printer website?

Posted (edited) · Monoprice ultimate

I have that same printer.  It's a little work to set it up in Cura the first time but after that it's no problem.  The steps to add this printer are here (the Wanhao Duplicator 6 is the same printer as the Monoprice Maker Ultimate):

https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/wanhao-duplicator-6/forums/general/topic:17580

I'm not a fan of the Start/Stop GCODE settings that this tutorial used (the initial purge is way too much for my liking) but the settings are perfectly workable so definitely start with them.  As you get more familiar with the printer you'll almost certainly want to change them, but by that point you'll know exactly what you want them to be.

If you're still stuck or it's not working, you can also download the Wanhao version of Cura that is already configured to work with your printer.  It's available here:

http://www.wanhao3dprinter.com/Down/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=75

It uses a VERY old version of Cura so you'll be missing out on a lot of features, but the nice thing is that it's configured to your printer's specs out of the box.

Edited by AirBronto

What version of Cura are you using?  The stable branches all save the settings automatically, I've never had to save anything manually before, the values are automatically saved for me.  There was a beta branch (3.3.0b I think) that had bugs where settings changes weren't being saved, but you would have to try pretty hard to end up with that version.

Might as well ask what operating system you're using also.  I know Windows 10 can get funky with permissions and won't let programs write values to files.  If you're using Windows 10, can you try running Cura as an administrator and see if that helps?

Hi. 

I have 3.3.1 for Mac. 

I have paralleks desktop so I can run Windows 10. 

Shoud I try that?

Don

If it's not too much of a burden I'd try on Windows 10.  I'm completely unfamiliar with the permissions model on Macs so I can't help you there at all unfortunately.