Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Marcodisco

Advices for a new printer

Hi to everybody!

I'm pretty new in the 3d printing world, I have a cheap printer that I bought to make some tests for a project. I learned a lot and now I can get good prints,  but to improve my ideas I need a better printer.

What I need is a precise printer. I'm making small components between 30 and 50 mm with really tiny tolerances (0.1 mm).

My question is with a ultimaker 2+ can I have a reliable printer?

Pretty fast and easy to use?

Thanks in advance 

I think the UM2+ is really reliable and easy to use. It's an absolute workhorse. Pretty much the only calibration it needs is for you to level the bed correctly when you switch out nozzles or glass plates. Other than that, it basically should just work. 

And you probably want to go for the 0.25mm nozzles for your small prints. They're capable of achieving really fine results. Your extrusion volume will be a little bit lower (because smaller nozzle) but the quality will be really good. And for a small print the lost speed will probably still be acceptable :)