Multiple error codes

Posted (edited) · Multiple error codes

Hi, I'm new :) Things have been going swimmingly with our new 3E up until today.  A coworker pointed out he got an error message the other day about build volume (he wasn't real clear) and I didn't think much of it. He said he drove on with the ignore option.

I got a new computer and had to reload Cura, which may be a part of my particular problem, but I'm willing to entertain any thoughts.  Completed the model in Cura and tried to load it into the machine.  All sorts of errors:  Build volume.  Error with the last words of "Line nr = 18." Print job is not suitable...ER26.  Forgot the rest.  I'm stumped.  Tried several things my ignorant mind let me, but no improvement.

Thoughts?

Edited by CarlMc

Posted · Multiple error codes

Line NR errors (Line Not Read) is most often the result of a corrupted file on a USB stick due to unsafe removal from the computer. Reformatting the USB stick usually does the trick in that case.

Were all of these error message on 1 file, or multiple files?

One printing method? Or multiple printing methods? (i.e. did you try USB, and then try LAN/wifi when USB didn't work?)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fbrc8-erin said:

Line NR errors (Line Not Read) is most often the result of a corrupted file on a USB stick due to unsafe removal from the computer. Reformatting the USB stick usually does the trick in that case.

Were all of these error message on 1 file, or multiple files?

One printing method? Or multiple printing methods? (i.e. did you try USB, and then try LAN/wifi when USB didn't work?)

I got so excited, thinking you hit the nail on the head!  Alas, I'm still sorting it out, but I've at least narrowed it to Cura.  I successfully started a print of an older model, previously printed, and that worked fine, which rules out the printer and the USB stick being bad, although I did reformat the USB stick.  I tried processing the same original stl file with Cura, and it didn't work.

LAN and wifi aren't an option for me, unfortunately.

I noticed that the .gz extension was new, so on a whim I uninstalled Cura and installed an older version.  It appears I'm back up and running.  Not sure why, but now I have to get caught back up!

Thanks a bunch for your help!

I still think the file was either severely corrupted or it wasn't a gcode file at all.  Did you look at the gcode file yet?  I mean with a text editor.  It's a human readable text file.

3 hours ago, gr5 said:

I still think the file was either severely corrupted or it wasn't a gcode file at all.  Did you look at the gcode file yet?  I mean with a text editor.  It's a human readable text file.

It's been too long for me to remember what the file should look like.  Since I couldn't tell the difference, I moved on.  I blew out all the old files that could have been bad anyway.  Since a Cura version change definitely corrected my problem and I had to get the project back in motion (this is just one of many things on my plate at the moment) I didn't spend any time on it.  When I explain my findings with a coworker, it seemed similar to his issues.  I suppose we need to look into a firmware update.

Posted (edited) · Multiple error codes

I got here via a Google Search because I was having the same problem. I was also thrown off by the default switch to a gzipped version of the gcode file, but swapping to uncompressed gcode didn't help.

I did open the file to look for problems in a text editor, but found nothing amiss. Our error pointed to line 13, which just specifies the buildplate type.

All that said, we updated the firmware on our UM3 and that resolved the problem.

Edited by grovberg

Now that I got the pile of parts completed, I upgraded the firmware on my machine as well.  Hopefully that will let me go back to the newest version of Cura.

I was having the same problem exactly with my U3. Upgraded to the latest version of Cura and all the errors started popping up. But the U2 was not showing the same errors. Upgraded the firmware on the U3 and all errors went away.

• Like 1