Jump to content
Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
CarlMc

Multiple error codes

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm new :) Things have been going swimmingly with our new 3E up until today.  A coworker pointed out he got an error message the other day about build volume (he wasn't real clear) and I didn't think much of it. He said he drove on with the ignore option.

I got a new computer and had to reload Cura, which may be a part of my particular problem, but I'm willing to entertain any thoughts.  Completed the model in Cura and tried to load it into the machine.  All sorts of errors:  Build volume.  Error with the last words of "Line nr = 18." Print job is not suitable...ER26.  Forgot the rest.  I'm stumped.  Tried several things my ignorant mind let me, but no improvement.

 

Thoughts?

Edited by CarlMc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line NR errors (Line Not Read) is most often the result of a corrupted file on a USB stick due to unsafe removal from the computer. Reformatting the USB stick usually does the trick in that case.


Were all of these error message on 1 file, or multiple files?

One printing method? Or multiple printing methods? (i.e. did you try USB, and then try LAN/wifi when USB didn't work?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fbrc8-erin said:

Line NR errors (Line Not Read) is most often the result of a corrupted file on a USB stick due to unsafe removal from the computer. Reformatting the USB stick usually does the trick in that case.


Were all of these error message on 1 file, or multiple files?

One printing method? Or multiple printing methods? (i.e. did you try USB, and then try LAN/wifi when USB didn't work?)

I got so excited, thinking you hit the nail on the head!  Alas, I'm still sorting it out, but I've at least narrowed it to Cura.  I successfully started a print of an older model, previously printed, and that worked fine, which rules out the printer and the USB stick being bad, although I did reformat the USB stick.  I tried processing the same original stl file with Cura, and it didn't work.

LAN and wifi aren't an option for me, unfortunately.

I noticed that the .gz extension was new, so on a whim I uninstalled Cura and installed an older version.  It appears I'm back up and running.  Not sure why, but now I have to get caught back up!

 

Thanks a bunch for your help!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think the file was either severely corrupted or it wasn't a gcode file at all.  Did you look at the gcode file yet?  I mean with a text editor.  It's a human readable text file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gr5 said:

I still think the file was either severely corrupted or it wasn't a gcode file at all.  Did you look at the gcode file yet?  I mean with a text editor.  It's a human readable text file.

It's been too long for me to remember what the file should look like.  Since I couldn't tell the difference, I moved on.  I blew out all the old files that could have been bad anyway.  Since a Cura version change definitely corrected my problem and I had to get the project back in motion (this is just one of many things on my plate at the moment) I didn't spend any time on it.  When I explain my findings with a coworker, it seemed similar to his issues.  I suppose we need to look into a firmware update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I still think the file was either severely corrupted or it wasn't a gcode file at all.  Did you look at the gcode file yet?  I mean with a text editor.  It's a human readable text file.

 

I got here via a Google Search because I was having the same problem. I was also thrown off by the default switch to a gzipped version of the gcode file, but swapping to uncompressed gcode didn't help.

 

I did open the file to look for problems in a text editor, but found nothing amiss. Our error pointed to line 13, which just specifies the buildplate type.

 

All that said, we updated the firmware on our UM3 and that resolved the problem.

Edited by grovberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having the same problem exactly with my U3. Upgraded to the latest version of Cura and all the errors started popping up. But the U2 was not showing the same errors. Upgraded the firmware on the U3 and all errors went away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Our picks

    • Architect Design Contest | People
      The goal of this contest is to design a set of people figurines that could be used in such a project to make an area, office or mall seem populated. 
      Think of different types of people in different environments, like walking people, people standing still, working people, and both men and women.
       
      • 7 replies
    • Taking Advantage of DfAM
      This is a statement that’s often made about AM/3DP. I'll focus on the way DfAM can take advantage of some of the unique capabilities that AM and 3DP have to offer. I personally think that the use of AM/3DP for light-weighting is one of it’s most exciting possibilities and one that could play a key part in the sustainability of design and manufacturing in the future.
        • Like
      • 3 replies
×

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!