Cura 13.06.4 Plugins?

maxtex

Posted · Cura 13.06.4 Plugins?

Hi,

downloaded the tweak AtZ 3.0.1 version.

Playing with it and checking what changes.

I'm no software engineer!!! But I have the idea that it misses a reset or something.

Old settings used to slice an earlier stl, are remembered in cura.

Activating the plug in, imidiatly writes a tweak line around the layer close to 5.00mm, but that line stays there.

Ok, I'm not sure if I got you right...but somehow it sounds familiar... as I understand it, you have the problem of some artefacts from the old version in the GCODE.

Did you deselect the old TweakAtZ plugin in Cura before you changed the file in the plugin folder? If you leave the old plugin selected, delete the file from the Cura plugin folder and restart Cura, then it seems as if the plugin has gone from the selection but actually is still there (somehow invisible to the user).

The only way I found out to fix this is to copy the old version back into the plugin folder, start Cura, deselect the old version, close Cura and delete the old version again.

Hi,

thought I edited en deleted my earlier long story, but you read the earlier version I guess.

I was pretty confused. Could not get it right, tried to keep track of what I did.

At the end I think, me and cura and the gcode were confused.

I have a working version of my gcode now.

When you load the Stl to slice, I have to clear the enabled plugins, save the clean gcode.

Restarted cura again, then start setting the tweak plugin.

The next time I try to keep track again of what I did. :shock:

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...
    I just realised that the FlowThermostat plugin is not working properly. It lacks to get the correct z position with Cura 13.06.4. I made an updated version: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/FlowThermostat1.1.py

Let me offer an additional change (you may call this FlowThermostat1.2.py):

Change

#print feedCurrent

if getValue(line, 'E', 0) > 0 and feedCurrent != lastFeedCurrent : # ......

to

#print feedCurrent

if getValue(line, 'E', 0) > 0 and feedCurrent != lastFeedCurrent and feedCurrent <= feedFull :

Why do you need this change? Cause last versions of Cura sometimes add feedrates which exceed the "full" feedrate as calculated by FlowThermostat. These could be twice or even more "the top feedrate" as calculated. So they can confuse FlowThermostat and make him give bogus temperatures. My solution is simply to ignore any feedrate which exceed the maximal feedrate as given by the user (print speed X 60). If you have a better solution, be my guest.. But so far this solved the problem for me :-).