Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LaserGuy

Strange printing Artifact

Hello everyone - New to the site and new to 3D printing. We recently purchased an Ultrimaker 3 for work and we have had some good early success but it is a learning process. I have a problem with a recent job. When I export the file from Creo I get a strange artifact - See images. The part is in the middle of the Ultimaker and then there is a strange blob off to the edge of the printer. I can select the part but I can't select the "blob" or alter it in any way. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  

Ultrimaker_01.thumb.JPG.01e4afe86c4f8acff15738b4e06470a6.JPGUltrimaker_02.thumb.JPG.07e26d4442b5715346b5110993d34823.JPG

Two thoughts.

1) that is the typical position for a tower.  Make sure you turned off the "wipe tower".  The new wipe tower is supposed to be round.  That really really looks like a wipe tower.  You can change it's position as you can set the X and Y position of the tower or you can just get rid of it.

2) If it's not a wipe tower then  try rotating your primary part to see if that other thing moves as well.

I figured it out that it is associated with the material CPE+ and that I am using PVA support. I'm not sure why, but it seems to use this "blob" whenever it switches material. I assume it has something to do with the different melting temperatures of the material. Any thoughts?