Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
smartavionics

Cura development releases for Linux now available

Hi, if you are using Linux and feeling like trying the cutting edge of Cura development then head over to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s43vqzmi4d2bqe2/AAADdYdSu9iwcKa0Knqgurm4a?dl=0

where you will find copies of my current Cura installation. They are based on the Cura master branches + my own additions and tweaks and will contain all known bug fixes that have been merged to master. These are not AppImages but an archive of an installation built on a Ubuntu 16.04.4 system, just unpack and then execute cura/bin/cura.sh. Supplied with absolutely no warranty, YMMV.

• Like 1

Here's the contents of the  README.md that goes with the releases:

## Cura development releases (Linux only)

These are built on a Ubuntu 16.04.4 system from the current Cura master branches + my own additions/tweaks.

Use tar xjf cura-mb-master-DDMMYYYY.tar.bz2 to unpack into a directory called cura.

Once unpacked, run `cura/bin/cura.sh` to start the application.

**All are supplied with no warranty, YMMV.**

## What's different from the regular master branch?

### Stuff that could be merged into the standard release in the future

1. Mininum Wall Flow + Prefer Retract settings let you specify the minimum flow rate for a wall,
if a wall has a smaller flow rate (i.e. is thinner), it is replaced with a travel move and, optionally, may use retraction.

2. Fan Speed Override + Supported Skin Fan Speed settings let you specify a fan speed to be used for the skin areas that are above support.

3. Small Hole Max Size + Small Feature Max Length + Small Feature Speed + First Layer Speed settings let you print small feature outlines slower.

4. Misc tweaks+bugfixes not yet merged into the CuraEngine master branch.

### Stuff that won't be merged into the standard release because it has been rejected by the Cura devs

1. Initial Layer Wall Speed/Acceleration/Jerk lets you specify those values for the walls on the initial layer.

2. Initial Fan Speed At Height/Layer lets you specify the layer at which the initial fan speed comes into effect. Below that layer, the fans are off.

Edited by smartavionics