Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Weprint3D

Airwolf Axiom Dual Help Please!!

I have a couple Airwolf Axiom Dual printers and the Apex software that Airwolf has created, and is trying to force their customers to use is junk and that's the only software they will support now.

I really want to run our printers on this new Cura software. We have Simplify3D but the new Cura 3.3.1 offers many more customization options and new features that I'm wanting to use. So I'm ready to switch to Cura now but I can't get a start up gcode to work on my printer from Cura.

The problem is all of the old Cura profiles I had won't work with he new Cura. And the Simplify start code won't work with Cura either. So I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't even find the variables to call out in Cura for the Temperature of the extruders, bed, or any other features. Can someone please help with this as well?

Thanks in advance!!

Well I finally got a portion of the normal starting script to work but it's not honoring most of it.

It is not heating the first extruder as I have set. It Heat's the 2nd extruder in segments, first to it's resting temp. then to it's printing temp. Then Retracts filament and moves to Home. But then when it goes to to the auto leveling routine like it always does just fine, it crashes the nozzle into the bed and keeps pushing into it for some reason. 

The only thing I changed from my Simplify3D settings was the actual Heat Temperatures instead of their variables it was using before, and I changed T0 to T1 and T1 to T2 for the extruders because it looked like that's the numbering Cura was using. 

Please help if you can.

Here's what I have for now...

;Axiom Dual Start Code

M42 P6 S255 ;Turn lights on

G21 ;Metric values

G90 ;Absolute positioning

M83 ;Set extruder to relative mode

M140 S110 ;Preheat bed no wait

M104 T1 S230 ;Heat primary no wait

M104 T2 S225 ;Heat secondary no wait

M117 Homing... ; Print message on LCD

G28 X0 Y0 Z0 F300 ; Home all axes

M117 Heating...; Print message on LCD Display

M109 T1 S230 ;Wait for primary extruder to reach temperature

M109 T2 S225 ;Wait for secondary extruder to reach temperature

M117 Cleaning... ; Print message on LCD Display

T1 ;Switch to primary nozzle

G1 E-20 F150 ;Retract filament

T2; Switch to secondary nozzle

G1 E-20 F150 ; Retract filament

G0 X20 Y226 Z0 F7000 ;Rapid transit to brushes

G1 Z-2 F7000 ;Lower to brush level

G1 X138 Y226 F2000 ;First pass across brushes

G1 X40 Y230 F2000 ;Second pass back across brushes

G1 X138 Y230 F2000 ;Third pass through brushes

G1 X40 Y226 F2000 ;Fourth pass back through brushes

G1 Z0 F5000 ;Raise above bed

G28 X0 Y0 ;Home x and y

M117 Auto-Level Probing...; Print message on LCD

M204 S300 ;Set accel for probing

M203 Z4 ;Set z max speed for probing

G29 ;Airwolf Axiom Auto level routine

M204 S3500 ;Set accel back to normal

M203 Z20 ;Set z max back to limit

G1 Z10 ;Raise nozzle up 10mm

Hey Weprint3D, are you still having this issue?  Hopefully you found a solution by now.  We use both the Axiom Dual and Axiom 20 (Dual) with Cura (currently 3.3.1) and it works very well.  I've put a lot of work into custom Axiom printer 'definitions' to get the software to act nice and it was worth it.  Maybe we can help each other out with Axiom printer issues.

- Matt