SandervG

Ultimaker Cura Prefix

Cura Prefix  

62 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which prefix would you prefer to be added automatically to your print job name?

• An acronym based on my selected printer type
    • An acronym based on my selected printer's name
    • Something else I will specify in the comments.

Posted · Ultimaker Cura Prefix

Ok, that makes sense and it's easy to remember, especially if you write the instructions nearby. ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ghostkeeper said:

{model_name} gets replaced by the file name that you loaded

I always have to change that to a project name though. Many times I load multiple models and it just grabs the name of the first model.....so I can still do that at the Save As dialogue?

On 6/15/2018 at 7:06 AM, kmanstudios said:

I always have to change that to a project name though. Many times I load multiple models and it just grabs the name of the first model.....so I can still do that at the Save As dialogue?

Uh huh, there's other issues with file names (which aren't getting any attention, literally not ONE response so I don't even know if I'm the only person it is happening to). Ensuring the file name and the only model on the bed match seems like a good place to start.

I very much support GhostKeeper's wildcard strategy. I thought it would be too big to implement compared to a single blank where you type in what you want, but hey, if you can make it happen that rocks!

I change the prefix to PL for PLA and PE for PETG. Otherwise you wouldn't know what material the gcode was created for.

We also have different sized/branded printers, so each printer also needs a character to identify it. Therefore a customisable prefix for each printer with flexibility in number of characters would be ideal. Then I could have for example FPL for Flashforge PLA, WPE for Wanhao PETG etc.

I'd like to see prefixes set by Printer and Material.  Setting the prefix for the printer under machine settings, and Material under each material type, with overrides in the individual material's settings.

• Like 1

I'm working on a plugin that lets you set a custom prefix per printer:

• Like 1