Ultimaker Marlin Build Configuration.h for UMO

bob

Posted · Ultimaker Marlin Build Configuration.h for UMO

I am trying to add WiFi to an Ultimaker (Original) via Serial 3 on the Ultimaker 1.5.7 pcb. I measured the Rx/Tx pins on an oscilloscope an neither peeped.  I have read that I need to enable this in Marlin via 

#define SERIAL_PORT 3 // this is normally set to 0
#define BTENABLED // enable this 

now the issue that I am having is all three of the marlin builder websites that I know of are not working. (Daid's, Ginge's and Amadee's) and I am looking for a Configuration.h that is setup for the ultimaker original as defined by the defaults of one of the builders. Anyone know where I can find that? (of course a solution to my issue that does not require rebuilding marlin would be just as good.)

Also, I am sad to see that The tags don't contain "UMO".

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Marlin Build Configuration.h for UMO

I am fairly certain I would have to anyway, as I dont remember any of the Builders to have an option for Serial_Port, My dilemma is where can I find the default settings for the UMO. As my latest searches have pointed me to the Ultimaker Marlin Branch in GITHub, which seems to contain the required Config file, my current question is, weather I should use the Ultimaker build or the latest Marlin build... The UltimakerMarlin branch does not seem to be very current, And I am unsure if the branch was made purely for the Configuration.h or if other files were modified as well...

Edited by bob

Posted · Ultimaker Marlin Build Configuration.h for UMO

It depends on what you want.

Do you want an guranteed working Marlin for UMO take the version of Ultimaker.

If you don't mind some testing and trial and Error the mainline marlin can be made to work on the UMO.

I'd probably just try to merge the changes UM made to the config.h into the marlin mainline's version and build and see if it works first.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Marlin Build Configuration.h for UMO

Amadee's builder seems to be working again. It is the last Firmware I used after I completed my Heated bed, It seems to be a branch from the Ultimaker branch, So I think I will use the configurator to build the configuration.h and then download the branch and build it manually.

Edited by bob