Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Beta

SandervG

Posted · Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Beta
1 hour ago, LePaul said:

Talk to me about the changes to the Octoprint plug in!

I have no idea.

Since the launch of the beta I have submitted an update that fixes a possible crash when there is no heated bed configured in OctoPrint, and which is more specific about the version of Cura it is compatible with. But that was well after the releasenotes were written, so I have no idea what they refer to.

1 minute ago, ahoeben said:

I have no idea.

Since the launch of the beta I have submitted an update that fixes a possible crash when there is no heated bed configured in OctoPrint, and which is more specific about the version of Cura it is compatible with. But that was well after the releasenotes were written, so I have no idea what they refer to.

Oh....well that is....awkward..   

12 hours ago, drayson said:

Is there a way to set/change the backup to a local folder - e.g. my NAS system?

Don´t want to use the cloud when having something in place - just another registration/login/password to forget...

The backup functionality itself is in Cura, the plugin only taps into it and connects to Ultimaker's cloud. So you can write your own NAS plugin to read/write backups.

Posted (edited) · Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Beta

The backup functionality itself is in Cura, the plugin only taps into it and connects to Ultimaker's cloud. So you can write your own NAS plugin to read/write backups.

Have a look at the cura.API.Backups Python module.

Edited by ChrisTerBeke

11 hours ago, catohagen said:

How do you select to 'Restore' a backup from the cloud ?

You can install the Backups plugin from the Toolbox. The plugin UI should speak for itself.

2 hours ago, ctbeke said:

You can install the Backups plugin from the Toolbox

Unfortunately with the AppImage (Linux Mint 18.3) this doesn't work ?

Auswahl_039.png.85f9b1579532212616ff52de986ac940.png

8 hours ago, berndjm said:

Unfortunately with the AppImage (Linux Mint 18.3) this doesn't work ?

Auswahl_039.png.85f9b1579532212616ff52de986ac940.png

Do you have an internet connection? Or are you using a VPN or something? This message usually shows when Cura could not connect to our packages API.

12 hours ago, ctbeke said:

Have a look at the cura.API.Backups Python module.

Thanks for the hint, but for me "python" is a big snake willing to choke me out if I'm to close...

So frankly, no idea, as I'm not a SW guy... Maybe in a future release, some kind of selection for cloud or local and a path selection could be implemented too...

8 minutes ago, drayson said:

Thanks for the hint, but for me "python" is a big snake willing to choke me out if I'm to close...

So frankly, no idea, as I'm not a SW guy... Maybe in a future release, some kind of selection for cloud or local and a path selection could be implemented too...

Sure, but probably not by Ultimaker though as we want to focus on integrating our own solutions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ctbeke said:

Do you have an internet connection? Or are you using a VPN or something? This message usually shows when Cura could not connect to our packages API.

Yes of course there is an internet connection. And no VPN, no other fancy stuff.

Even in 3.3.1 installing plugins works without any problems.

28 minutes ago, berndjm said:

Yes of course there is an internet connection. And no VPN, no other fancy stuff.

Even in 3.3.1 installing plugins works without any problems.

Well, something must be blocking the connection. Our API is running fine...

Maybe you can try a network sniffer to see what is happening?

Is there anyone else seeing the dual slicing, forgetting file names?

It's super annoying and I'd like to at least work towards fixing it. Or is this thread NOT THE PLACE to report issues with the new software referenced in the thread title?

4 hours ago, ctbeke said:

Maybe you can try a network sniffer to see what is happening?

Phew, I'm afraid this is far beyond my knowledge horizon.

Even if I can use a tool like wireshark or tcpdump, the output lines far exceed my understanding.

I have not the slightest idea what I should pay attention to. ?

On 6/7/2018 at 10:07 PM, ctbeke said:

You can install the Backups plugin from the Toolbox. The plugin UI should speak for itself.

I can make backups with the plugin, but there is no 'restore' or 'load' button 

Screenshot 2018-06-08 23.20.01.png

Posted (edited) · Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Beta

Well I am trying out the Octoprint plug in and while it does find my server and looks to work....no video in the Monitor.  I do have video in my Octoprint web session and elsewhere.  Just not in Cura.  And I have "Show webcam image" checked.

EDIT:  I've checked my other computers and can confirm it works on Cura 3.1.0

On other things...in this Beta...

I wish if Cura required a restart after installing a plugin, it would restart and not require me to go launch the program again  ?

Also...I really wish Cura would remember what model was open/settings when you open the program.  (S3D does this)

Edited by LePaul

The camera not showing is a known issue (for some users?) that I have only just been able to reproduce and am trying to find a fix for:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/3725

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

The camera not showing is a known issue (for some users?) that I have only just been able to reproduce and am trying to find a fix for:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/3725

Okay good to see you can replicate it...I observed it worked in 3.1 but hadn't used it in the newer builds (just been using the SD card!)

I'll be curious what you find.  I thought the API code was bad or something...

13 hours ago, LePaul said:

Also...I really wish Cura would remember what model was open/settings when you open the program.  (S3D does this)

Yes this would be great! I mean the settings are already saved why not the 3d models also ? 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 11:22 PM, catohagen said:

I can make backups with the plugin, but there is no 'restore' or 'load' button 

Screenshot 2018-06-08 23.20.01.png

Mm that's weird. There should be more buttons (also a sign-out and profile edit button). Seems like something is going wrong in rendering the UI.

Which OS and hardware are you running?

12 hours ago, ctbeke said:

Mm that's weird. There should be more buttons (also a sign-out and profile edit button). Seems like something is going wrong in rendering the UI.

Could be a sideeffect of that textRenderer thing (native vs qt text rendering). @catohagen, could you check the Toolbox to see if there's an update for the backup plugin?

2 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Could be a sideeffect of that textRenderer thing (native vs qt text rendering). @catohagen, could you check the Toolbox to see if there's an update for the backup plugin?

I updated to 1.0.4, but the UI still shows the same as my screenshot

14 hours ago, ctbeke said:

I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 Build 16299.431

Intel i7-8700 and 16GB ram