Ultimaker's screwed AI?

yellowshark

Posted · Ultimaker's screwed AI?

Appalling UM customer service today. It decided to help me, as per the message, by unsubscribing me today alleging that I had not opened any UM emails "in a while". What a jerk; I read every email from UM, just why does it think it knows what I read and what I do not. So instead of hitting a "confirm" button or similar I had to go through the rigmarole of re-registering. Really peed me off. Having spent some considerable time working in Amsterdam I do not recall the Dutch people I worked with being so  - put your own word in -  and we go a lot further back with my father being part of the allied forces that drove the Germans from Holland and making a number of Dutch friends on the way and lots of Xmas cards; and I had a very nice Dutch girlfriend some time ago admittedly. Looks like the Dutch are not as caring as they used to be ?

Posted · Ultimaker's screwed AI?

Hi Yellowshark,

Thank you for your message. 

Sorry to hear you had to re-register and read past emails. This last email was part of a 'series' of emails to, basically what it said, not clutter inboxes of people who aren't opening them anyway. For two reasons, one; the recipient doesn't care because he isn't reading the emails and 2; we have to pay for sending out all those emails. So sounds like a win-win situation if we can keep that list of recipients relevant right?

Regarding the re-registering, like I said it should be part of a series of 3 emails. The first email should have notified you that we notice you haven't opened any emails in a while (I would need to check what the timeframe was, I believe a few months or so). The second email contained the 'Wait, I'm still in!' button, so you wouldn't need to re-register. In this last email, since previous ones didn't trigger any activity, we went ahead and unsubscribed. Our apologies if the other emails were not clear enough. Did you receive them even?

Another important thing, this email you received concerns the Ultimaker promotional emails. It does not contain community newsletters. 

So, are we talking about the same emails, did you receive and read our promotional emails? Our apologies if the email did not match your online behavior. We'll see if we can optimize the process further. Hopefully, you don't hold a grudge against all of us Dutchies because of this ?