What happened to Ultimaker 2 go ?

chrii

Posted · What happened to Ultimaker 2 go ?

I just noticed that the Ultimaker 2 go is not present at the "products" page anymore.

Anyone does know why this is ?, do they plan a new version or was the product not well sold ?

Chri

Everyone seems to want bigger, as in huge, printers these days so maybe it did not sell that well to justify keeping it as a product.

Ultimaker also never updated it like they did with it's bigger brother (2+) so i'm not sure how much they really cared for it.

Hi Chrii, thank you for your message. Simultaneously with the introduction of the Ultimaker S5, this was also the last day for the Ultimaker 2 Go. It was a real sturdy and accurate 3D printer, users who had it were really happy but like Nilrog says, the trend seems more to go towards bigger 3D printers. 

I've got a UM2GO that I purchase earlier this year. Its a fantastic little printer. 

Upgraded it to with a heated bed, meduza + iroberti feeder, door kit, 40W heater and an Olsson block. One  additional thing I like about it is that it shares most of the same parts as my UM2+ so any spare parts can be interchanged in a pinch.

Works good as a second printer to print off smaller items while my UM2+ works on bigger/longer jobs.

Posted (edited) · What happened to Ultimaker 2 go ?

I wondered about that and was going to ask until I found this thread. I was skeptical of the Go's value when it was first announced, but have really warmed up to it.

Edited by JRDM

I think the Go was (is) a printer that you had to see/try before you understood the value it provided ?

Too bad it was never upgraded like the other 2’s. Those ‘+’ upgrades would have made it a superb printer.

The 2Go is a awesome printer, one of the best printers i have ever tried, since it is extremely rigid and prints beautifully. Unfortunately the market shifted to prioritize size highly, and the 2Go's low price-to-size ratio ment that it probably sold quite low numbers compared to the other printers.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 9:24 AM, SandervG said:

Hi Chrii, thank you for your message. Simultaneously with the introduction of the Ultimaker S5, this was also the last day for the Ultimaker 2 Go. It was a real sturdy and accurate 3D printer, users who had it were really happy but like Nilrog says, the trend seems more to go towards bigger 3D printers. 

One should maybe also mention here that spare parts will still be available for the GO.

For us it was just a little bit too small. The height was okay, the X- and Y-size not. And it did not have a heated bed: if that had been included from the beginning, I think it would have had more success.

I agree. The lack of heated bed, and the fact that it never got a ‘+’ upgrade like it’s bigger siblings, probably made it less interesting than it could have been.