Cheeky Vase

Ghene

Posted · Cheeky Vase
16 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

dynamesh

Sounds like half of a Super Hero team.....

Dyanmesh and the Vertex Twins; Edge and Poly...... Battling the evils of bad modeling! This week's Episode: "The Non Mani-folder, Scourge of the Printing Dimension"

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    22 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

I never bothered with mud box. No dynamesh is a dealbreaker. That is the easiest way to merge objects in one click pretty much. If you want a particular proggie, let me know I could point you in a particular excellent direction...PM of course, I don't even upgrade my programmes, unless new features really impress me, I find all new software far too bloated and slow on my crappy laptop, however ZBrush still runs smooth as silk. So well written. 

Does it work on Mac? 

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    Just now, cloakfiend said:

Yes i have it mac and pc.

Cool. Will check it out and find tutes later.

Posted · Cheeky Vase

It will change you life! And everyone likes the term dynamesh for some reason, all my friends laugh when i say it, that and decimation, which is also an excellent poly reducing ZB function.

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    2 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

.....that and decimation.....

uggghhhh, hate that term. It literally means 'to reduce by 10%.' Optimizing the mesh is far more accurate in procedure and name. Just my literal sense of wording that can get in my way.....

Posted (edited) · Cheeky Vase

Not sure about the 10% as its slider based to decimate as muchas you like. 99% if you want its very flexible when you want a target poly count. For printing, a lower polycount is more important than optimized mesh. None of my models are optimized! I dont retopo, Id be doing that all day. As soon as im done sculpting its off to cura. no creating edgeloops and all that...no time!

Of course a poor mesh is useless as well, but I dont use low poly models at all for art. A clean mesh is good enough me thinks.

Edited by cloakfiend

Posted · Cheeky Vase

Back in the olden days, before more sloppy language was piled on (see revolve and lathe vs. the proper 'surface of revolution' and gloss vs 'specularity') these words have meaning.

Decimate comes from the root word 'Deci' which is ten.Therefore the root of my literal angst. Whatever the word has become to mean, it does literally mean removal of 1 in ten.

Optimizing was reduction of mesh to optimal vertex numbers. Not optimal positioning which has the term 'Retopo'.

Now, get off my lawn ya dangl blasted kids!!

I am not slamming the actual use. But rather the slopification of the language used. See what I did there? ?

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    3 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

Back in the olden days, before more sloppy language was piled on (see revolve and lathe vs. the proper 'surface of revolution' and gloss vs 'specularity') these words have meaning.

Decimate comes from the root word 'Deci' which is ten.Therefore the root of my literal angst. Whatever the word has become to mean, it does literally mean removal of 1 in ten.

Optimizing was reduction of mesh to optimal vertex numbers. Not optimal positioning which has the term 'Retopo'.

Now, get off my lawn ya dangl blasted kids!!

I am not slamming the actual use. But rather the slopification of the language used. See what I did there? ?

??I thought decimate means to destroy. ?

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    24 minutes ago, Ghene said:

??I thought decimate means to destroy. ?

One would hope you are not trying to do that either :)

Posted · Cheeky Vase

Eitherway it reduces the polycount nicely ?.

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    5 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

Eitherway it reduces the polycount nicely ?.

Oh, tool function is of utmost importance whatever it is called.

Oddly, nobody noticed the old fart rambling about bad language usage whilst inventing words himself.....slopification anyone? ;P

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    34 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

Oddly, nobody noticed the old fart rambling about bad language usage whilst inventing words himself.....slopification anyone? ?

just being respectful to the old man and did not point it out ?

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    16 minutes ago, Ghene said:

just being respectful to the old man and did not point it out ?

No no...do not do that....sometimes, it is good to be called on the BS....sometimes it is for comedic effect, sometimes just stupidity.

Posted · Cheeky Vase

Dont worry kman if i hear BS ill call it out pronto!

• Like 1

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    26 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

No no...do not do that....sometimes, it is good to be called on the BS....sometimes it is for comedic effect, sometimes just stupidity.

??Just teasing. ?

I have after all called my cheeky vase a made up name ?

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    6 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

Dont worry kman if i hear BS ill call it out pronto!

My brother from another mother!! ?

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    2 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Oddly, nobody noticed the old fart rambling about bad language usage whilst inventing words himself.....slopification anyone? ?

I looked it up in Google. It appears that "slop(p)ification" is already in use, although not very common: I got 116 results for "sloppification" and 199 for "slopification". But the latter also includes the meaning of "slope" (side of a mountain). So I would rather prefer the version with double "p" in this context, since it is derived from "sloppy", like "sloppiness".

It is a nice word with a clear meaning. I am against sloppification too, unless it is in the context of girls wearing leggings (which is considered sloppy by some).  :)

Anyway, I think this thread could well create a new trend in 3D-printing: the buttification of vases and other decorative items and tools...

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    1 hour ago, geert_2 said:

Anyway, I think this thread could well create a new trend in 3D-printing: the buttification of vases and other decorative items and tools...

Oh dear! What will happen when I finish the vases with boobs? ?

?

Posted · Cheeky Vase

Lets find out! ?

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    50 minutes ago, Ghene said:

Oh dear! What will happen when I finish the vases with boobs? ?

?

Breastification.....

Posted (edited) · Cheeky Vase
    5 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

Lets find out! ?

?Oh! ?

4 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Breastification.....

Can't name them yet, they're not yet printed. LoL

??

Edited by Ghene

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    1 hour ago, Ghene said:

Can't name them yet, they're not yet printed. LoL

You could always call one of them Lefty.....The other, Matilda.....