Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Migo

E3d V6 modfications for umo+

Hello, i installed E3d V6 hot end with mk8 feeder ( bowden Design) for my umo+ but i have many problems with the extruder movement , leaking , escaping problem with the feeder what am i supposed to modify ?

now that it goes further than heat bed area sometimes , it moves so fast sometimes making the belt vibrates , acting up during printing , is that a firmawre problem ?

and what are the modifcations  for the firmware to make my umo+  work proberly with that extruder

e3d.png

Just out of curiosity, did you purchase an original E3d V6? I am also planning on this, so I am curious as to the top temperature you can reach with the Head. 

As to your issue, did you change the extrusion rate? The MK8 feeder dumps much more filament per rotation than the original feeder (I use a combination of the two, so I didn't have to recompile the firmware for that modification). What changes did you make to the firmware regarding build plate size? Travel distances are defined in the Firmware (Configuration.h) with :

#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
#define X_MAX_POS 205
#define Y_MAX_POS 205
#define Z_MAX_POS 200

Edited by bob

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta
      Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta is available. It comes with new features, bug fixes, and UX improvements. We would really like to have your feedback on it to make our stable release as good as it can be. As always, you can download the beta for free from our website, for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
      • 95 replies
    • Print Core CC | Red for Ruby
      Q: For some users, abrasive materials may be a new subject matter. Can you explain what it is that makes a material abrasive when you are not sure which print core to use?
      A: Materials which are hard in a solid piece (like metals, ceramics and carbon fibers) will generally also wear down the nozzle. In general one should assume...
      • 30 replies
    • "Back To The Future" using Generative Design & Investment Casting
      Designing for light-weight parts is becoming more important, and I’m a firm believer in the need to produce lighter weight, less over-engineered parts for the future. This is for sustainability reasons because we need to be using less raw materials and, in things like transportation, it impacts the energy usage of the product during it’s service life.
      • 12 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!