Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
KickahaOta

Cura Connect feature request: Make maintenance needs more visible and more actionable

It's absolutely great that when you select an Ultimaker in the Printers view of Cura Connect, it shows all the necessary maintenance tasks and when they were last done, and allows you to flag individual tasks as done. There are two changes that I think would make this feature even better, that don't seem like they'd require too much work to implement.

* For each task in the list of maintenance tasks, there should be a link that takes the user to the documentation on how to perform that task.

* In the Printers list, flag printers that are behind on their maintenance. One option: Display "Needs maintenance" in the same place that you currently display "Not available" for printers that have been taken offline (mocked up in pic below).

Maintenence needed.gif

Edited by KickahaOta
Added tag
  • Like 1

I'm happy to say that we've added a "maintenance needed" icon to all printers that require it for the next release. If all goes well, it will also have an option to update firmware (or at least, notify you of the fact that there is a new firmware out there).
As for the instructions, it's something thats (pretty high) on our backlog. I can't give you an exact date as to when we're going to implement it, but i don't expect that it will take a very long time.

• Thanks 1