Your current settings in a text file >>> here it is !!!!!!!

JCD

Posted · Your current settings in a text file >>> here it is !!!!!!!

I also just tried installing it direct from the marketplace hoping to export my profiles for diff-ing. 

I also do not have a "Save to..." option under File.

Running Cura 4.4.1 on Windows 10

Oh wait! just figured it out. For Windows you go to File -> Save -> Then a popup box will appear giving you a summary. Hit save on that box. and THEN you get the actual project saving dialog box that allows you to save as html!

FWIW on Windows there is no "Save to..." option, so that was a little confusing based on initial instructions.

I don't know where you have seen  the mention of a "Save To" ? In every documentation we talk about the "Save Project" function

image.thumb.png.fc4b579745af802732bccdab17a6ec0f.png

Posted (edited) · Your current settings in a text file >>> here it is !!!!!!!

Problem Fixed, my bad. I had to click Save first, then Save as Type: HTML

Thanks

Edited by titust1

The plugin doesn't work for me. Even when I select .html when saving, Cura still saves it as a 3mf file.

On 6/11/2018 at 6:59 PM, JCD said:

Instructions

- Copy the text (except the instructions at the beginning) of this log file and paste it at the end of your EndG-code in the Machine Settings window of your printer
    - After that all your GCode files will have at the end a complete list of your current settings for each print

here a picture of a few lines of the result

CaptureGCode2.thumb.JPG.3a6ee87bac8f455fceaed51428ae7a34.JPG

Very useful if you want to compare settings with someone else

Also if you are analysing results vs settings, just put them in a spreadsheet to focus on the changing parameters very easily

Notice there is a slight hierarchical tab to see the 'children' parameters (depending from a 'parent' one)

Enjoy !!

CurrentSettingsAtTheEndOfTheGCode.log 24.3 kB · 875 downloads

Exactly what I wanted, worked like a charm

I didn't have to modify anything, just added the contents of the file (without the "instructions" section) at the end of the "End G-Code" in the printer settings... Now the generated .gcode file has all the details at the end.

Although the save as html is also useful and produces a neat sheet, but then you would have 2 files.

Embed it in the same gcode file will definitely reduce number of files, the hustle to look for and match the files, and mostly you don't have to remember to do that extra step.

Cheers

The original 2018 "CurrentSettingsAtTheEndOfTheGCode" file is a bit out of date since some settings have changed, other settings have been removed and also Cura has been reorganized (e.g. section Shell split into section Walls & section Top/Bottom and Tree Support "graduated" from section Experimental to section Support). 

While I am not the original creator of this very useful file (kudos for that go to JCD - see https://community.ultimaker.com/profile/380711-jcd/), I thought I would help out by giving it a refresh.  While I was at it, I tagged settings as "basic", "advanced", or "expert" when appropriate.  I hope you like the update - let me know if I missed anything!

CurrentSettingsAtTheEndOfTheGCode v2.01.gcode