Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
InfernoVortex

Ultimaker 2 extended+ print finished help

I believe data transfer via USB - computer is much slower compared to an SD card. That is probably where your lag is coming from when your print is finished, and leaves your nozzle on the print. 

I don't know if, because you print via pc, if the gcode ignores/misses any post processing scripts that would move your print head out of the way. But I would recommend to print via SD card. It ensures a faster data transfer, and it is more stable where you don't have to worry for your PC to not go into sleep mode or crash or anything else. Hope this helps!

I had issues with UM2 USB direct print from Cura 3.3.1 - I think there are some issues. I switched to SD Card print and all was good.

My issue - printer did not get a "position" reset before the print started from the PC after a bed leveling.

Cura started printing straight away without waiting for heated bed or extruder to heat up. There was a bit of retained heat so some material came out but not enough to bind.

I exported the same print to SD card and all was fine.

It was after updating to latest firmware, then a factory reset + complete shutdown - and then a platform leveling - then USB print - and a "fresh" Cura installed on a "Virgin PC" - it left some ugly marks on the glass as well.