How to reset parameters in a profile?

Arbitur

Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?

I accidentally changed nozzle diameter in my profile and now when I activate different printers using the same profile the diameter doesnt change according to the printers settings. How can I remove ONLY the Material Diameter?

18 minutes ago, Arbitur said:

I accidentally changed nozzle diameter in my profile and now when I activate different printers using the same profile the diameter doesnt change according to the printers settings. How can I remove ONLY the Material Diameter?

In Cura, whenever you've manually changed a parameter, you should see a curved arrow next to the parameter's edit box. Clicking this arrow reverts the setting to its default, and causes the profile to no longer change that setting.

Parameter Revert Arrow.PNG

Just now, KickahaOta said:

In Cura, whenever you've manually changed a parameter, you should see a curved arrow next to the parameter's edit box. Clicking this arrow reverts the setting to its default, and causes the profile to no longer change that setting.

Parameter Revert Arrow.PNG

Yes I know, but the setting is stored (It is IN the profile) so the revert arrow isnt displayed.

3 minutes ago, Arbitur said:

Yes I know, but the setting is stored (It is IN the profile) so the revert arrow isnt displayed.

Well, there's one surefire way to make whatever change you want to a profile:

* In Cura, choose "Show Configuration Folder".

* Exit Cura.

* In the file-explorer window for the configuration folder, open the "quality" folder.

* Locate the .cfg file for the offending profile.

* Open it in a text editor.

* (Carefully) make whatever changes you want. In your case, just find the line for the offending material-diameter setting and delete that line.

* Save your changes and exit the text editor, and restart Cura.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KickahaOta said:

* Exit Cura.

* In the file-explorer window for the configuration folder, open the "quality" folder.

* (Carefully) make whatever changes you want. In your case, just find the line for the offending material-diameter setting and delete that line.

Thats what I was searching for Thanks. Would be nice with such a function in the GUI

On 6/13/2018 at 9:07 AM, KickahaOta said:

* Exit Cura.

I followed your procedure, but my Quality folder is EMPTY .

Not the best way, but maybe the easiest way:

you can edit them with the printer settings plugin:
    Click "marketplace" in upper right of cura, make sure you are on "plugins", scroll down and alphabetically among the "P"s is "printer settings" plugin.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:07 AM, KickahaOta said:

* Exit Cura.

Thank you for the tip, the config folder does not show in 4/80 Cura ?