Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

How to reset parameters in a profile?


Arbitur
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?

I accidentally changed nozzle diameter in my profile and now when I activate different printers using the same profile the diameter doesnt change according to the printers settings. How can I remove ONLY the Material Diameter?

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?
    18 minutes ago, Arbitur said:

    I accidentally changed nozzle diameter in my profile and now when I activate different printers using the same profile the diameter doesnt change according to the printers settings. How can I remove ONLY the Material Diameter?

    In Cura, whenever you've manually changed a parameter, you should see a curved arrow next to the parameter's edit box. Clicking this arrow reverts the setting to its default, and causes the profile to no longer change that setting.

    Parameter Revert Arrow.PNG

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?
    Just now, KickahaOta said:

    In Cura, whenever you've manually changed a parameter, you should see a curved arrow next to the parameter's edit box. Clicking this arrow reverts the setting to its default, and causes the profile to no longer change that setting.

    Parameter Revert Arrow.PNG

    Yes I know, but the setting is stored (It is IN the profile) so the revert arrow isnt displayed.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?
    3 minutes ago, Arbitur said:

    Yes I know, but the setting is stored (It is IN the profile) so the revert arrow isnt displayed.

    Well, there's one surefire way to make whatever change you want to a profile:

    * In Cura, choose "Show Configuration Folder".

    * Exit Cura.

    * In the file-explorer window for the configuration folder, open the "quality" folder.

    * Locate the .cfg file for the offending profile.

    * Open it in a text editor.

    * (Carefully) make whatever changes you want. In your case, just find the line for the offending material-diameter setting and delete that line.

    * Save your changes and exit the text editor, and restart Cura.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?
    36 minutes ago, KickahaOta said:

    Well, there's one surefire way to make whatever change you want to a profile:

    * In Cura, choose "Show Configuration Folder".

    * Exit Cura.

    * In the file-explorer window for the configuration folder, open the "quality" folder.

    * Locate the .cfg file for the offending profile.

    * Open it in a text editor.

    * (Carefully) make whatever changes you want. In your case, just find the line for the offending material-diameter setting and delete that line.

    * Save your changes and exit the text editor, and restart Cura.

    Thats what I was searching for Thanks. Would be nice with such a function in the GUI

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?
    On 6/13/2018 at 9:07 AM, KickahaOta said:

    Well, there's one surefire way to make whatever change you want to a profile:

    * In Cura, choose "Show Configuration Folder".

    * Exit Cura.

    * In the file-explorer window for the configuration folder, open the "quality" folder.

    * Locate the .cfg file for the offending profile.

    * Open it in a text editor.

    * (Carefully) make whatever changes you want. In your case, just find the line for the offending material-diameter setting and delete that line.

    * Save your changes and exit the text editor, and restart Cura.

    I followed your procedure, but my Quality folder is EMPTY .

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?

    Not the best way, but maybe the easiest way:

     

    you can edit them with the printer settings plugin:
    Click "marketplace" in upper right of cura, make sure you are on "plugins", scroll down and alphabetically among the "P"s is "printer settings" plugin.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to reset parameters in a profile?
    On 6/13/2018 at 6:07 AM, KickahaOta said:

    Well, there's one surefire way to make whatever change you want to a profile:

    * In Cura, choose "Show Configuration Folder".

    * Exit Cura.

    * In the file-explorer window for the configuration folder, open the "quality" folder.

    * Locate the .cfg file for the offending profile.

    * Open it in a text editor.

    * (Carefully) make whatever changes you want. In your case, just find the line for the offending material-diameter setting and delete that line.

    * Save your changes and exit the text editor, and restart Cura.

    Thank you for the tip, the config folder does not show in 4/80 Cura ?

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    • Our picks

      • New here? Get ahead with a free onboarding course
        Hi,
         
        Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
          • Like
        • 11 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...