Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

I believe it's 25W nominal but typically it's as low as 18W.  Any wattage from 25W to 40W will work fine.  Going above 35W you may have to adjust your PID values a little bit to keep the temperature from oscillating.  I recommend 30 to 35W if you are buying a new one.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to go directly for the 40W since my current one maxes out at 230°c when using it for a longer duration. Unfortunately the ninja flex that I purchased needs 260°c to come out properly. 

In what way would I need to adjust the PID values?

UMO can easily get to 250C as I've printed ABS with it.  The problem is likely that your fan is blowing too much onto the nozzle (or bouncing off the glass and back to the nozzle).  Try setting the fan to 30% and try angling the shroud more downwards.

But yes you can also get a higher power heater.  Do you have a UMO with the 19V supply or a UMO+ with the 24V supply?  It matters when you choose a heater as the wattage depends on the voltage.  And if you get more than 35W you will probably have to adjust PID a little but it's not hard and we can explain how to do that if your temperature is oscillating too much.