Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Gow

Cura- Perimeters don't touch

Hi all,

I have been using cura off and on for the past year or so but haven't used it in quite a few months. I came back to it and my last settings which worked, no longer do and I cant seem to figure this issue out. It mostly occurs on holes but the perimeters don't touch. Besides not touching, the holes look horrific. With S3D and Slic3r, i can print the models just fine, but there's something off when I try it with cura. I've uploaded a few pictures for you to see. Unfortunately i have recycled the worst ones, and kept the best ones, but the issue is still present.

-----

Things ive tried:

Increasing/decreasing flow

Speed/accel/jerk adjustments

Different filament

-----

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

20180616_145918.jpg

20180616_145937.jpg

20180616_150020.jpg

20180616_150555.jpg

Is there a chance what you're seeing is the perimeters starting on a hole, causing a bad foundation?

It's a topic that was being discussed on GitHub, but kinda got shot down by the development team saying that good holes on top surfaces are not a priority.

I'm hoping with a more unified voice, we can generate enough interest in the topic to get the developers interested.

I don't think that's it since S3D and slic3r often start new layers with holes. Post a link to the github discussion, I will certainly look into it more.

Thank you for your comment!

Edited by Gow

This is not QUITE the thread I was talking about, which I cannot find.

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/3875#issuecomment-398094699

It's going a little testy, so commenting should be with a light touch - but the information is solid. I've seen the same issue on basically a number of circumstances - printing on top of nothing leads to trouble.