Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
picco

Setting Extruder Calibration

Just a quick question,...hopefully. I see multiple posts about how to measure and calculate your extruder constant, and how to write a few lines of code using the M92 Exxx.xxx command to test new values. But I can't find out how you set this value in the firmware? Doesn't this value have to written to the firmware so that it remains resident the next time the printer is booted? Does just issuing a M92 E892.2 through the terminal on Cura mean that the 892.2 will be permanently stored in the firmware? Or maybe do I need the UltiController to do this?

Thanks for any and all help!

Yes, it does have to be written into EEPROM if you want the value to persist across reboots.

You can enter the value using gcode as you suggest, or using the Ulticontroller, if you have one, under the 'Control -> Motion' menu.

To save the settings to EEPROM you can use the 'Control -> Store Memory' option. To do it using gcode, the appropriate command is 'M500' to write the current settings into the EEPROM.

Note that both of these will save all current settings, so you may want to powercycle the machine before doing it, just to make sure nothing else has been changed.

Fantastic, thanks for the help!

I've had the Ultimaker for 2 weeks now and have been nothing but pleased. Done a few upgrades and am printing on glass with Aquanet, I found it too hard to remove parts from the blue tape without tearing the tape off constantly. Going to test the extruder calibration tonight.

THANKS