Camera not working after latest firmware

Posted (edited) · Camera not working after latest firmware

Curiously my camera has not been working since the last firmware update. 

So after some poking around I did a few things. 

1) Does my Ultimaker 3 Extended have a IP address (yes)

2) Can I connect to it (yes)

3) Can I view the live stream using the http://<ip_address>:8080/?action=stream (no)

4) Can I view the snapshot of the camera at http://<ip_address>:8080/?action=snapshot (no)

5) Reset cura on the machine (done) Still can't see camera

6) Restart machine (done) didn't help

I've also left the machine unpowered for a while (unplugged) and that didn't help either. Although I did have to re-associate the machine to the print group. 

I can't seem to connect to the camera from any of my PC's nor my iPad / iPhone. 

Ideas? ? 

Edited by jimmieshear
  • Like 1

Posted · Camera not working after latest firmware

What do you get when you access the camera image through Cura Connect? Just a black image, an error message or a html frame saying the image is broken or similar?

Blank screen from the "Monitor" tab in the App. From the web page when you to the view print jobs, and click the camera, it's a black square and no image. No errors no warnings. Just no image. 

iOS app shows a black screen and will time out after a moment with a camera icon and a line through it. 

Can you dump the logs (especially after a reboot) to the USB stick and upload them?

From the information you gave,  I think the MPEG streamer fails to load due to not being able to find the camera hardware. This might be caused by a simple loose cable, so could you check those?

I'm having the same problem, though, I just got my new Ultimaker 3 yesterday.... Went through the network connection steps with the app on my iPhone.  Everything seems to be working except for the camera, which is behaving just as the OP described.  I've attached a few screenshots from my phone of the behavior if it helps.

IMG_1265.PNG

IMG_1263.PNG

IMG_1264.PNG

Edited by brewweasel

On 6/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, Marco_TvM said:

@brewweasel Can you dump the logs (especially after a reboot) to the USB stick and upload them?

Actually, I got it working.  I ended up resetting the Cura Connect settings by the System menu on the printer and that fixed it.  Everything is working great now

• Like 1

I've got the same problem, just installed Ultimaker 3.

Never installed something that quick and easy but the camera doesn't seem to respond.

How can I dump/upload log files?

Kind regards,

Kristof

From the menu, System -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Dump logs to USB will dump the log files to the USB drive.

You can upload them using something like WeTransfer and paste the link to WeTransfer here.

Had to wait for a print to finish (was a 3 day print). 

Here's the transferred logs. https://we.tl/c7MQx4q8C4

On 7/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, jimmieshear said:

Here's the transferred logs. https://we.tl/c7MQx4q8C4

Unfortunately not much information in them; also seem to be missing some files.

Is it possible to do a reboot after a print finishes, then immediately after reboot dump the logs?

That should show more information on the booting up process being executed.

I'm also getting the same issue. I've been using my UM3+ for 6 months now. With the latest firmware, I've lost my camera both in the browser and in Cura.

Ok, the machine was in the middle of a 5 day print when you asked for new logs ? Today I have em. 

This is after a reboot of the machine :: 

https://we.tl/QlX3cGh9qs

@jimmieshear from the logs I gaterh that mjpg streamer is running fine:

Jul 11 03:43:19 ultimakersystem-ccbdd3004dc8 mjpg-streamer[246]: MJPG-streamer [246]: serving client: fe80::c1c:d4c4:d08c:3146%wlan0

Jul 12 02:39:33 ultimakersystem-ccbdd3004dc8 mjpg-streamer[246]: MJPG-streamer [246]: serving client: 10.0.1.50

If you really can see the image directly using the printer API, then I think the problem is with the camera part: is the lens clean and visible, check the housing of the camera.

The chance is small, but it still can happen, that the camera even tho it is detected by MJPG streamer, is broken.

Our freshly unboxed S5 is also not displaying video in Cura, directly at the IP address, or via the app.

17 hours ago, Marco_TvM said:

@jimmieshear from the logs I gaterh that mjpg streamer is running fine:

Jul 11 03:43:19 ultimakersystem-ccbdd3004dc8 mjpg-streamer[246]: MJPG-streamer [246]: serving client: fe80::c1c:d4c4:d08c:3146%wlan0

Jul 12 02:39:33 ultimakersystem-ccbdd3004dc8 mjpg-streamer[246]: MJPG-streamer [246]: serving client: 10.0.1.50

If you really can see the image directly using the printer API, then I think the problem is with the camera part: is the lens clean and visible, check the housing of the camera.

The chance is small, but it still can happen, that the camera even tho it is detected by MJPG streamer, is broken.

Looks all good. Nothing in the way, no poop on the lens. Housing looks fine. One thing I can't find an answer to is how to check this elusive "Camera connected via usb" question I've seen come up in other threads. How do I make sure the physical connections are solid? I could tear the printer apart to figure that out, but if there's a nice document then that would be awesome ? 

On 7/1/2018 at 2:53 AM, brewweasel said:

Actually, I got it working.  I ended up resetting the Cura Connect settings by the System menu on the printer and that fixed it.  Everything is working great now

Probably a stupid question but how do you reset the Cura Connect settings? In system menu I don't see a tab "Cura Connect"...

Nevermind I found the right setting under Maintenance and it fixed the issue! ?

On 7/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, rogersj3 said:

Our freshly unboxed S5 is also not displaying video in Cura, directly at the IP address, or via the app.

Please send the logs if you can.

On 7/14/2018 at 10:04 AM, Kristof_Onghena said:

Nevermind I found the right setting under Maintenance and it fixed the issue! ?

Did it fix the camera issue? Good!

Log files attached, thanks for your assistance.

Logs - S5 - RogersJ3.zip

Interesting - after resetting my Cura Connect settings my problem is fixed as well. I thought I'd done that once already, but I guess not.

EDIT: 2 hours later, we're back to no video again. I've got a longer print running so it'll be Wednesday before I can pull logs again.

Edited by rogersj3

Ok thanks! We will wait for them.

Ultimaker S5 logs attached. Thanks for your assistance.

Ultimaker S5 - RogersJ3 - Logs.zip

This morning I noticed something weird. During the print I had running yesterday, the camera wasn't working. I came in this morning, removed the parts and set up another print as usual from Cura. I started the print and the camera worked again. Briefly. Most of the way through the auto bed leveling process the camera feed cut off again.

So there's that. This is ~6 hour print, I'll pull logs again after it's complete.

Edited by rogersj3