Camera not working after latest firmware

Posted (edited) · Camera not working after latest firmware

@rogersj3 Can you access the stream directly? It's at S5IPADDRESS:8080/?action=stream where S5IPADDRESS stands for the ip address of your printer.

If yes, please check to what url the video window in Cura Connect refers - especially the ip address there (right click on the not shown image, select 'copy image url' and paste it somewhere else) is interesting.

Edited by Dim3nsioneer

Posted · Camera not working after latest firmware

Hi @rogersj3

I have checked the logs and didnt find issues with the mjpg-streamer.

I have a request: if / when the camera stream is no longer visible on Cura/Cura Connect, can you try to access the stream directly from the printer using a browser: http://<printer_ip>:8080/?action=stream

If that works, it helps to focus on what parts need more analyzing to find the cause of the problem.

Marco, when the video stream isn't working via one point it isn't working via any of the others. Directly accessing via the IP doesn't work either, as I said in my response Friday afternoon.

The streaming video on my Ultimaker S5 does not work either. Updated firmware yesterday 8/6/18. When I copy the image address, I get: http://127.0.0.1:8080/?action=stream This is the address for local host, so the link is trying to load video from my PC. When I change that link to the actual address of the printer,I am able to view the video stream. 

I have the same problem Brett.  I have been told that UM support is aware of the issue and it is specific to Cura Connect.  Expect a fix in the next firmware (as I understand it)

@Brett and @chuckmcgee: we do know what seems to be causing the problem and I think there is some work being done to fix it.

For now, if you can try a Cura Connect reset that might solve the problem.

• Like 2

im experiencing this same issue. Brand new machine, just updated the firmware, the camera image never loads. if i inspect the webpage in cura connect, it seems to want to point to http://127.0.0.1:8080/?action=stream, instead of my IP. if i copy that address, and put in my machine's IP, im able to see the webstream, but i cant modify that within Cura or the App.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:57 PM, thevoltmaster said:

"if i inspect the webpage in cura connect, it seems to want to point to http://127.0.0.1:8080/?action=stream, instead of my IP. if i copy that address, and put in my machine's IP, im able to see the webstream, but i cant modify that within Cura or the App."

Same issue as thevoltmaster.  Any fix for this?

@WesleyE might have the full answer for this, but I think a solution is in the works...

Just got a new UM3 from Matter Hackers, had the same issue, but the problem is that you are linking to the stream at 127. 0.0. 1 instead of the UM's ip

In the attached images, I right click on the broken-image icon and select "Copy image address", then paste it into the address bar, and it's *127.0.0.1:8080". If I replace the localhost ip with the 192 address, l can see the camera stream...

pickle1.png

pickle2.png

pickle3.png

Edited by kfsone

If you go to Maintenance tab in printer menu, there should be an option – “Reset Cura Connect”.Usually this solves the camera's black screen problem.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:33 AM, kfsone said:

...but the problem is that you are linking to the stream at 127. 0.0. 1 instead of the UM's ip

In the attached images, I right click on the broken-image icon and select "Copy image address", then paste it into the address bar, and it's *127.0.0.1:8080". If I replace the localhost ip with the 192 address, l can see the camera stream...

Same here.

I realise this is an old thread, but I have this issue too.

The stream from my printer seems to give up part way through a print job. Once you restart the printer after the job is completed, and you re-connect to it, all seems to be fine again. I have tried this morning to connect directly to the stream using "http://<printer_ip>:8080/?action=stream" but using the IP that shows on the printer at the moment, while it is printing, I do not get anything but a black screen.

Could it be a problem with a dynamic IP address? If everything else works with machine names, but the stream relies on the IP address and it changes overnight, perhaps that messes things up? I'm not an IT expert, so this may be a daft idea.

Hope someone can shed light on this soon.

Is it worth noting that the information about the printer currently shows:

Firmware
    Version
    Latest

Isn't it a bit odd that my firmware version should be more up-to-date than the latest version???

Cheers,

Bill

Edited by Jtp
    • Like 1

Hi,  I would like to reopen this case as well.

We have the exact same problem.

Our Camera stops working at about 24h after restarting the device or starting a new printing job.

We have an S5 at work to print prototypes and we are currently working remote, so starting print jobs from home and only driving to work to pick them up when they're done.

We use the camera to check if we need to intervene or if everything still looks fine. 

Now after about 24h in the printing job, the camera stops working, in Cura when you click the Camera icon nothing happens, on the web the window opens but remains black, when opening http://ip:8080/?action=stream it keeps loading, and http://ip:8080/?action=snapshot also loads forever.

Version
    Latest

So the only work around right now is to restart the device completely, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the camera for remote access.

Is there anything we can do to get the machine to stream the camera feed correctly again? 

Thanks

Ferdinand

Edited by ferdyyy
    • Like 1

I have the same problem, camera doesn't work after firmware upgrade.

Please need help

• Like 1

Hello, I got these logs

Log Errors.zip

@AlfonsoCB This is a 3 years old thread with some updates till more than a year ago. When you find such an old and dead topic, then it's best to start a new thread.

Why did you post the log files? 
    What is your exact problem?
    What printer model and firmware version are you running?
    The log files you posted are incomplete, this is only half the number of files saved and are only the capacitive logging files. If we were going to do anything with the log files, than those missing files are the most important ones.

UM3 logsLOGS.zip

Thanks 

@AlfonsoCB This are still not all the log files. Try with an empty USB drive when you dump the log files, then it's clear that all the files on the usb drive are important for uploading.

So, your printer is a UM3 printer. What firmware version? In 5.2.17 we made a fix for the webcam.

Also, your printer is not synchronizing time. It is using a default date in 1970. Could you check your network to allow NTP time synchronization? This might lead to all kind of weird problems.