Ultimaker 2+ - Heated Bed Temp Reading Stuck @85

Undel

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ - Heated Bed Temp Reading Stuck @85

My build plate will no longer heat up because it is always reading at a temperature of 85-86 degrees. If I set the build plate temperature to heat up to 90, it'll start heating the build plate, but only bring it up 5 degrees above ambient temperature. I believe my build plate is still capable of heating, but that the temperature reader is broken. Does anyone know how to correct this?

I think this was actually a software error. I kept fiddling with the settings and gently wiggling the wires to no avail.

Finally thought to turn the printer on and off again.

Fixed. 

Embarrassing, but leaving the post up here in case this is helpful to anyone else who gets a temperature glitch.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2+ - Heated Bed Temp Reading Stuck @85

Hmmm, I started a print with the print bed heated to 65 degrees. A half hour in the temperature shows at 99 degrees and the print bed is ambient temperature again.

I'm going to try doing a software update, which I have not done in several months. However I fear some hardware component is on the fritz. I've done fixes with the motors and the feeder and the print head and fans, but nothing where I had to touch an electrical connection. Hoping software fixes this. :-/

Edited by Undel

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd follow up in case anyone else has this problem: Turns out there was a build plate heater wire that wasn't properly locked into the circuit board under the printer. Pressing it firmly into the slot resolved the issue.