Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
On 6/28/2018 at 2:33 AM, navigator said:

Configuration error being shown when Mark2 chosen with 'nozzle' showing empty even though 0.4mm shows as highlighted on size selection drop down - No problems at all on Cura 3.31.

Any ideas??

Probably a custom configuration file (as it's not shipped in Cura)? It might be that the version number in that file needs to be updated then.

6 hours ago, LePaul said:

Octoprint Plug In seems to still have issues.

In the Cura CONNECT window, I am not getting any video.  

I'm told the fixed version that I submitted a while ago should be available from today. A bit of a shame with the plugin having been downloaded >1000 times since the 3.4 launch.

PS: it is not the Cura CONNECT window, it is the print monitor.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

Hey peoplez. Sorry for my bad english...

Since version 3.3.1 I can´t use Cura. It crashed evertime :-((....

I hope that anyone can read the logs and help me, please

Invidea GTX1070 Version 398.36 is installed

@ all: Thank you and have a good time

stderr.log

cura.log

Edited by Fames

4 hours ago, ahoeben said:

I'm told the fixed version that I submitted a while ago should be available from today. A bit of a shame with the plugin having been downloaded >1000 times since the 3.4 launch.

PS: it is not the Cura CONNECT window, it is the print monitor.

You are correct, the monitor window.  Sorry for mixing that up.

It would be nice if the Change Log indicated what was fixed in the Plug In in the future.  People see "Octoprint PlugIn" on the changelog but nothing beyond that.

8 minutes ago, LePaul said:

You are correct, the monitor window.  Sorry for mixing that up.

It would be nice if the Change Log indicated what was fixed in the Plug In in the future.  People see "Octoprint PlugIn" on the changelog but nothing beyond that.

An upcoming version of the toolbox will allow plugin authors to publish this themselves ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ctbeke said:

Probably a custom configuration file (as it's not shipped in Cura)? It might be that the version number in that file needs to be updated then.

Have had a look in the files from the Mark2 and think I have found the error and now working fine for me ?

hardware_type = nozzle was missing under the 'metadata' section in the config file for each nozzle size.

7 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Has this been fixed in the current release?  (Didn't see any version number change)

The Autodesk Inventor plugin is quite annoying: it will show a pop-up everytime I open CURA informing me that I either do not have Autodesk or need to register it.

I know that I do not have Autodesk on this computer, I just want to have the ability to open autodesk files with CURA if need be.

Is there a way to fix that and not have this annoying pop-up every time I open CURA?

56 minutes ago, Brulti said:

I know that I do not have Autodesk on this computer, I just want to have the ability to open autodesk files with CURA if need be.

All of these "importers" (FreeCAD, OpenSCAD, Blender, Inventor, etc) rely on the original application being installed on the computer. If you don't have it, the plugin will not work.

1 hour ago, LePaul said:

Has this been fixed in the current release?  (Didn't see any version number change)

Nope, api.ultimaker.com is still serving up the 3.4.0 version of the plugin. The fix is in OctoPrintPlugin 3.4.1. @Msuurmond, could you check?

• Like 1

If it works the same way as the SolidWorks plugin, it requires the installation of SolidWorks to process,in the background, the native SW file to make the conversion to an STL file for Cura to process.  I suspect this is also the case with the other plugins.  Inventor, Siemens, FreeCad, Blender, etc.

So if you were to try to open a native Inventor file in Cura and you do not have Inventor installed on your system, it will not open it even if the plugin is active in Cura.  You can email the author at  thopiekar@gmail.com from inside the Toolbox > Plugin application and confirm this.

1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

Nope, api.ultimaker.com is still serving up the 3.4.0 version of the plugin. The fix is in OctoPrintPlugin 3.4.1. @Msuurmond, could you check?

Was still waiting for a review. Just review&merged it, should be online in 5 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for taking time to fix that after working hours.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Toolbox is still serving up the 3.4.0 version of the plugin, not the fixed 3.4.1.

Hmm indeed that is wrong. I have asked to see why master isn't served.

You create your own packages from github? In that case, use the current default branch, which is 3.4, not master.

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Cura. I created my 2 custom printers and printing profiles. That cost me a lot of time!

Today I update cura to from 3.3.1 to 3.4 and all of my custom settings are gone. All printers and profiles....I saved a exorted profiles but doesn't help much.

So I tried to downgrade to 3.3.1 and voila: all settings are back as if nothing had happened.

I'm using a Mac with Mac 10.13.4

Is this a normal behavior on cura?

2 hours ago, ahoeben said:

You create your own packages from github? In that case, use the current default branch, which is 3.4, not master.

No we have our own repo for packages

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

Hello!

The backup addon is a nice feature, but how to restore backups?
    I can create backup ZIPs, I can delete them, but cannot restore. What is the trick?

1.PNG

Edited by mokush
    picture added

@mokush there seem to be a couple of interface elements missing. @ctbeke, have you seen this before?

@ahoeben

How should it look like? At the top of the great white area the mouse cursors turns into "hand" and if I click there the browser opens and takes me to an ultimaker related page. 

Pretty frustrating that I have backups, but cannot restore them. ?

Win 8.1 Pro.

On 6/30/2018 at 9:58 AM, ahoeben said:

Unfortunately Toolbox is still serving up the 3.4.0 version of the plugin, not the fixed 3.4.1.

It now serves the right version, sorry for the delay

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2018 at 12:36 PM, Slop said:

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Cura. I created my 2 custom printers and printing profiles. That cost me a lot of time!

Today I update cura to from 3.3.1 to 3.4 and all of my custom settings are gone. All printers and profiles....I saved a exorted profiles but doesn't help much.

So I tried to downgrade to 3.3.1 and voila: all settings are back as if nothing had happened.

I'm using a Mac with Mac 10.13.4

Is this a normal behavior on cura?

Did you get a 'corrupted profiles' warning?

9 hours ago, mokush said:

@ahoeben

How should it look like? ?

image.thumb.png.0bd9db2f0b6bb37d5469d13a900a2475.png

This is what it looks like for me. Could you try if there's a "hidden" button next to the red X ?

10 hours ago, ahoeben said:

@mokush there seem to be a couple of interface elements missing. @ctbeke, have you seen this before?

On 6/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, mokush said:

Hello!

The backup addon is a nice feature, but how to restore backups?
    I can create backup ZIPs, I can delete them, but cannot restore. What is the trick?

1.PNG

Wow, that seems like a lot of rendering issues. Unfortunately that's hard to fix because that's all in Qt, we're just using their UI components that should work otherwise.

Which OS are you running?