Jump to content
SandervG

Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

I've tried to move around the cursor, but found only 1 "button", what seems to be the "manage...". 

Will try to aim according your screenshot when I get home.

Running Win 8.1 Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
3 hours ago, Msuurmond said:

Did you get a 'corrupted profiles' warning?

No nothing.

Only If I import the profile on 3.4 I get a 'corrupted profiles'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
3 hours ago, Slop said:

No nothing.

Only If I import the profile on 3.4 I get a 'corrupted profiles'.

Could you check your log-files to see if there are lines that indicate upgrading has gone wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

FYI: I've added a video to my original post explaining some more features of Ultimaker Cura 3.4.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

@ahoeben

Thank you for the screenshot.

Now I know where the button is and it seems to be working, but invisible. 

Hidden feature LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
1 hour ago, SandervG said:

FYI: I've added a video to my original post explaining some more features of Ultimaker Cura 3.4.

 

Cool, I had forgotten all about the "Select models when loaded" functionality. So I did contribute to Cura 3.4 afterall ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
On 7/2/2018 at 11:50 AM, SandervG said:

FYI: I've added a video to my original post explaining some more features of Ultimaker Cura 3.4.

 

I created a video on how to setup the Octoprint Plugin...so in the spirit of helping others...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

Hi,

I have just updated to 3.4 on my MAC and have had the same error reported earlier concerning configuration errors being reset etc.

 

When I try and import the following profile file  I get an error message

" curaprofile.ini does not contain any valid profile"

 

The profile file is not empty, I have copied the first few lines below,

[profile]
layer_height = 0.1
wall_thickness = 0.8
retraction_enable = True
solid_layer_thickness = 0.6
fill_density = 20
nozzle_size = 0.4
print_speed = 50
print_temperature = 210
print_temperature2 = 0
...

 

I am sure this file worked with the previous version but it was several months ago when I set my Balco 3D printer up.

 

Also tried the obvious of saving the file with different extensions.

 

The curaprofile,ini was downloaded from the Balco website.

 

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me how to solve the problem

 

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

Anyone having problems with the height of the sliced parts?

 

Exemplo: Part is a cube that has 3.5mm of height. With 0.25mm layer height Cura is only slicing it to 12 or 13 layers, depending on Slicing Mode (Inclusive, Exclusive...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

That's because the first layer is thicker than the rest. Look at 'Initial Layer Height'. For 0.2 mm, the initial layer is at 0.27mm, so CURA tries to round it as best as it can to match the height of your part.

Edited by Brulti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

I've lost the ability to center my object.  I've gone back to version 3.2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm getting "This app can't run on your PC" after I install it and go to run it (?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
3 hours ago, PCP said:

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm getting "This app can't run on your PC" after I install it and go to run it (?)

 

Are you by chance using a 32 bit version of Windows 10? Cura needs the 64 bit version of Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

thanks ahoeben. Silly me!!  yep, will download the 32bit version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
21 hours ago, Brulti said:

That's because the first layer is thicker than the rest. Look at 'Initial Layer Height'. For 0.2 mm, the initial layer is at 0.27mm, so CURA tries to round it as best as it can to match the height of your part.

 

My Initial Layer Height is the same as the others. I tried to Slice several parts with a flat top and always get 1 or 2 layers less than it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
45 minutes ago, Phael said:

 

My Initial Layer Height is the same as the others. I tried to Slice several parts with a flat top and always get 1 or 2 layers less than it should be.

 

Ok, strange. I don't know then, must be another setting responsible for this I guess, but I have no idea. I hope someone else can shed light on this mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

 

On 6/27/2018 at 1:11 AM, SandervG said:

Max combing distance with no retract. When set to a non-zero value, combing travel moves that are longer than that distance will use retraction, to maintain optimal nozzle pressure for better print quality. (Thank you @smartavionics !)

 

 

Having encountered the perfect scenario for this new feature, I am thankful. I have a complex shape that the head takes too long to navigate while travelling in Comb mode, and the molten filament dribbles out before it gets there, leaving a large gap at the same place for each layer. This feature will help a lot if I need to keep Combing enabled.

 

However I have to ask - why is it distance based? Shouldn't it be time based? The most common case, I imagine, is what I've described above, and this "oozing" effect is dependent on travel time not travel distance. Setting it as a distance means that it will need to be adjusted if travel speed is changed. Couldn't Cura calculate the distance automatically from the travel speed and the time parameter, and generate the appropriate GCODE to implement that?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
6 hours ago, meowsqueak said:

However I have to ask - why is it distance based? Shouldn't it be time based? The most common case, I imagine, is what I've described above, and this "oozing" effect is dependent on travel time not travel distance. Setting it as a distance means that it will need to be adjusted if travel speed is changed. Couldn't Cura calculate the distance automatically from the travel speed and the time parameter, and generate the appropriate GCODE to implement that?

 

Hi @meowsqueak, yes, making it time based could be done as you suggest but do people want to think in terms of time or distance when considering this setting? When you look at the layer view you can see all the travels it is doing and think to yourself, hmm, those travels from one side of the piece to the other should be using retraction but those travels in a small area don't need retraction, let's set the value to, say, 10mm to stop the dribble on the long travels. But you're not going to think, hmm, those travels from one side of the piece to the other should be using retraction, let's set the value to, say, 100mS (or whatever). It's much easier for the user to set the limit as a distance rather than as a time (IMHO).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

Save dialogue in Cura 3.4.1 on Apple Mac OS X looks very strange

 

Since the last version the save dialogue box looks quite strange and has not the standard user design that I'd expect on the Mac. Why is this and will it be fixed / change to the standard design?

 

See screenshots of the save dialogue in Cura 3.4.1 and Excel attached as comparison.

 

 

Cura_UI_save_dialogu.png

Excel_UI_save_dialogue.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

The next major version looks like it will have native file dialogs on all platforms again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
10 hours ago, smartavionics said:

 

Hi @meowsqueak, yes, making it time based could be done as you suggest but do people want to think in terms of time or distance when considering this setting? When you look at the layer view you can see all the travels it is doing and think to yourself, hmm, those travels from one side of the piece to the other should be using retraction but those travels in a small area don't need retraction, let's set the value to, say, 10mm to stop the dribble on the long travels. But you're not going to think, hmm, those travels from one side of the piece to the other should be using retraction, let's set the value to, say, 100mS (or whatever). It's much easier for the user to set the limit as a distance rather than as a time (IMHO).

 

Hi @smartavionics, you make a good point - most people will think in terms of distance. I suppose I'm coming at this feature from the point of view of someone who was debugging an "oozing" problem that occurred after a certain time, so in order to calculate the distance I would need to take the travel speed into account (plus acceleration but maybe not needed for a first-order guess!). I really like the way Cura can link certain config fields together, such that a change to one can influence or override another. Perhaps one way to do this would be to have the distance field auto-update if the travel speed is changed? Or alternatively, a second field alongside distance that also shows the time? Anyway, this isn't an important thing - I'm probably one of only a minority that have a special interest in this parameter and it's easy enough for us to recalculate the distance if we change the travel speed. Thanks for the feature - it has significantly improved my most recent print!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

thanks to community support this extension works to tune prusa i3 printers but i suppose non only those with some adding commands . i don't know if may be interesting for somebody . just copy the directory in extension and you will find your menu in extension to tune your bed 

BedlevelPlugin ok .zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!

I am currently experienced severe instability with the most recent building of Cura (3.4.1). Every time it crashes, I have to reinstall, making sure to clear any log files or settings that I have saved to my computer, otherwise the program does not open. The most recent activity to force Cura to crash, is clicking the file button. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Stable is available for download!
2 hours ago, cdarr said:

I am currently experienced severe instability with the most recent building of Cura (3.4.1).

Sorry to hear you are having problems. This doesn't sound familiar to me. What OS are you running on?

Please note the post directly above yours: since 10 days Cura 3.4.1 isn't the most recent Cura version anymore. I suggest you try the new v3.5 Beta release and see if that fixes your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...