delete / edit print plate boundaries

Posted (edited) · delete / edit print plate boundaries

Hello,

I would like to print an object with 199x199 mm. Shouldn't be a problem with the UM3, which is advertised with 215x215 mm.

Unfortunately it is. Cura has grey "no print" areas which prevent me from doing this. I have the following settings adjusted:

- Only left extruder in use

- no prime tower

- no prime blob

- no skirt / brim / raft

The model still wouldn't fit with more than 97% scale. The areas that are still grey are from the plate clamps, the nozzle switch and the camera I suppose.

When I slice the modle in S3D it and position it correctly on the plate, it gets printed by the printer without any collisions, the dimensions are as desired when the print is finished.

So is there any possibility I could slice and print that model out of Cura?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Screenshots of both slicers (Cura / S3D) attached. The S3D gcode printed very well, so it's physically possible if Cura would let me... 

Simplify3D_2018-06-28_13-59-30.jpg

Ultimaker Cura_2018-06-28_13-58-09.jpg

Edited by Schwobabua
additional information

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies