Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Lost all my profiles when switchning to Cura 3.4 from 3.1

Posted · Lost all my profiles when switchning to Cura 3.4 from 3.1

I just switched to Cura 3.4 and I have no profiles left. Even by selecting an Ultimaker filament, Cura is unable to slice. In the menu Settings/Profiles I cannot create a new profile since the line"create profile from current settings ..." is disabled.

Any idea on what os going on ?

Thank you for your answer. However the problem solved itself when I restarted Cura for the third time after a power shutdown. I had a message stating that my profiles had been corrupted and that I had to do a reset. Of course this erased evreything and I am recreating my profiles one by one. I will export them one by one now.  Thank you

9 hours ago, Yves_K said:

I had a message stating that my profiles had been corrupted and that I had to do a reset. Of course this erased evreything and I am recreating my profiles one by one.

This is what I got when I switched from 3.31 to 3.4. The profiles were working fine in 3.3.1 and I could do nothing to have 3.4 accept the profiles.

I found the fix for this in my situation. At one time some versions back I created a custom profile (Kossel_Rox), and it was listed in the message box about the bad profiles. That message box is dangerous as the only option is to reset all profiles!!!Capture.thumb.JPG.dce36b8b2d7ca20462adb8c1096bd0b7.JPG 

I went to work searching in "C:\Users\roxy\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.6\user" and found the config named the same as the error showed (Kossel_Rox), deleted all with that name and no more error at start and all profiles available.

Cura is by far the best slicer available, thank you Utilimaker!!!!