toxmeister

Cura can't connect to UM5 network printer

Posted · Cura can't connect to UM5 network printer

Hi, I've just setup my new UM5, and even though Cura (3.4) can see the printer and display firmware details, it can't seem to connect to it. The "Connect" button is disabled and a somewhat non-sensical explanation is shown: "This printer is not setup to host a group of Ultimaker 3 printers". See screenshot attached. Any ideas how to fix that?

cura.jpg

Try to manually add the printer by IP (press add and use 192.181.1.194).

If that doesn't work; verify that if you go to 192.181.1.194/printers that you get a screen showing the one printer.

Thank you, @nallath! I went to the /printers URL and detached the printer from the group (no idea why it's been part of a group to begin with), then I confirmed on UM5 touchscreen to allow Cura Connect access and now the web UI is displaying printer details & the cam live stream. However, the Cura desktop app simply crashes when I attempt to re-add the printer via IP address (after typing in the address). The crash log is attached and a brief glance seems to hint at some proxy query...

cura-crash.log

Could you share the logs generated by Cura? You can find those at $USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log