PVA constantly oozing during print

Posted · PVA constantly oozing during print

Hello all!

I don't have a picture at the moment but I am having an issue with PVA.

I JUST got the UM3 this week and made a test part with some various overhangs to test out the dual extrusion since I have never had it before. I used PVA as the support material so I could dissolve it of course, but during the beginning of the print, the PVA was oozing pretty consistently. About 1/10 of the way into the print it stopped oozing as much but never totally stopped for the rest of the print. Not a big deal if I am going to dissolve it right away I know but I was curious if there is a full proof way to stop this from happening at all. 

I saw a few threads on the subject but the content was still a bit off from the problem I am having. 

Any and all help is definitely appreciated ?

Thanks! 

Im thinking that might help. The troubling part is, the settings are setup to be completely stock for both the machine and Cura so I assumed everything should be fine. 

I will try that tomorrow when I get back to work and see if it helps. ? 

I have had to play with things a bit and not as much as others, on my UM3E machines and they are stock machines. And, PVA is such a goofy material to work with anyway. Environment really plays a big part of that experience.

And, to make sure, it is the BB core in the Material 2 slot for use with the PVA.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies