Manually remove filament

Posted · Manually remove filament

Just got my S5.

Having some problems getting this set up.

I now need to to manually remove the PLA filament from the print core because the printer thinks it's unloaded, but it isn't.

Golly... frustrating thing.

Thanks,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

what is exactly the problem? Do you start the filament unloading and the printer doesn't unload the PVA? Or is the BB core clogged? If you have changed filament by hand, you don't need to unload it, you can also select the type if the filament is already inserted. Tap on the three dots at the top right in the printer overview (the middle tab on the left), and select "select type".

Posted (edited) · Manually remove filament

It's OK. I heated up the print core (by setting temperature in Maintenance) and managed to pull out the PLA filament manually. Now it's telling me the height difference between print cores in unrealistic. Am I supposed to be having to calibrate the unit when it's brand new?

Edited by covers911

Restart your print.  I get that error on my S5 sometimes.  While it's heating up both cores, clean the tip of the cores a bit and make sure the glass doesn't have a small post of filament right where it starts the leveling.

Also consider opening the front door of the print head and looking at the base of the print head - there are two wires going to the height sensor (which is just a big flat plate in the bottom of the print head).  If either wire came loose then that's the problem.

More likely it's just electrical noise and you need to retry a few times or you need to clean the nozzles a little.

If you cleaned the nozzle tips and it still does this more than 5X in a row I would call your reseller.

Also make sure you upgrade the firmware as the newest version seems to get this error less often - somehow they managed to filter out most of the noise maybe.

Many thanks for your help, chaps.

I did a couple of manual build table calibrations, and everything works! I've just completed my first ever 3D print. Cool.

Can the Cura desktop program display the live camera feed, or only the app? Or is the feed using a protocol I can handle using typical Linux tools?

Thanks again,

Anthony