Old_Grey

Cura Unresponsive when slicing

Posted (edited) · Cura Unresponsive when slicing

I made a 11 tooth metric gear in TinkerCAD and Cura slices it, but this 22 tooth just sits there doing nothing. I left it for 1 hour but nothing happened.

Can anyone slice this file?

Win7 64 

setting Pursa i3

Gear 22.stl

Edited by Old_Grey

Posted · Cura Unresponsive when slicing

Thanks for the project file. Again, no problem to slice in a couple of seconds. I am using the current development version of cura on linux.

Screenshot_2018-07-12_13-55-41.thumb.png.fdbbaece2e8e3e2382e1b0c15bf57e9b.png

However, I have found something weird. After slicing it flashes up the save to file button and then changes back to the prepare button immediately so I can't actually save the gcode! I think the development version of cura must be broken right now.

Yes when the firewall is off it's 2 sec.

I don't know what it's blocking - I see CuraEngine.exe process, but can't add an exception -, but a least I can get it working when needed.

Thanks