Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Bcow

Random cylinder on build plate, cannot select

Adding objects to a project in Cura, I notice a circular "shadow" in the corner. The object only becomes visible in X-ray view, it is a cylinder of mixed primary/support material. I have no idea how it got there or why it is there. I cleared the plate and started over. It's still there. I can't select it or delete it. If I turn off Support material, it goes away. It appears as soon as I bring a model onto the build plate, disappears when I clear the plate. I tried updating/restarting Cura, it's still there.

Any ideas what the heck this thing is and how to get rid of it? Screenshot below. Using Cura 3.4.1

Cura_randoCylinder.PNG

Well, I tinkered through the software long enough to figure it out. It's the "prime tower" in Custom Settings. It must be a new feature, I have no idea why it is so opaque and enabled by default with no information on mouseover or at least selectable, but whatever, now I know. Hopefully other people with the same issue will find this and it could help them.

Edited for politeness

Edited by Bcow
too much snark in original comment

I have been on the board four times or more times in the last 24 hours and did not see this myself. A lot of people find this issue that you posted about and is usually answered by @gr5, me or someone else. I do not know why I did not see this. But, given that at this time the post is only 19 hours old, please consider that (A) it can be missed and a quiet 'bump' up the ladder is helpful (B) good for you! You figured it out and posted a solution....always most helpful :) and finally, (C) you will not find a more responsive forum than this one. We do like to help.....we just do not always see everything and @gr5 is always on top of things and frankly, he is allowed to miss a few things. That guy is all over the questions with great tips and solid info! :)

Super glad you figured it out. :)

And, welcome to the forum :) and look forward to the cool stuff you will be making!

Hi kmanstudios,

Agree absolutely. I was frustrated with the software doing something so inexplicable, and surprised that there wasn't an explanation easily found. I apologized to gr5, I can only imagine how much thankless work goes into moderating here. Thanks for your comment!

• Like 1