Random cylinder on build plate, cannot select

Bcow

Posted · Random cylinder on build plate, cannot select

Adding objects to a project in Cura, I notice a circular "shadow" in the corner. The object only becomes visible in X-ray view, it is a cylinder of mixed primary/support material. I have no idea how it got there or why it is there. I cleared the plate and started over. It's still there. I can't select it or delete it. If I turn off Support material, it goes away. It appears as soon as I bring a model onto the build plate, disappears when I clear the plate. I tried updating/restarting Cura, it's still there.

Any ideas what the heck this thing is and how to get rid of it? Screenshot below. Using Cura 3.4.1

Cura_randoCylinder.PNG

Posted (edited) · Random cylinder on build plate, cannot select

Well, I tinkered through the software long enough to figure it out. It's the "prime tower" in Custom Settings. It must be a new feature, I have no idea why it is so opaque and enabled by default with no information on mouseover or at least selectable, but whatever, now I know. Hopefully other people with the same issue will find this and it could help them.

Edited for politeness

Edited by Bcow
    too much snark in original comment

Hey gr5! Aww now I feel like a prick. Sorry for the snark. Impatience got the best of me. I'll go back and edit my reply to focus on the solution. Thanks!

I have been on the board four times or more times in the last 24 hours and did not see this myself. A lot of people find this issue that you posted about and is usually answered by @gr5, me or someone else. I do not know why I did not see this. But, given that at this time the post is only 19 hours old, please consider that (A) it can be missed and a quiet 'bump' up the ladder is helpful (B) good for you! You figured it out and posted a solution....always most helpful :) and finally, (C) you will not find a more responsive forum than this one. We do like to help.....we just do not always see everything and @gr5 is always on top of things and frankly, he is allowed to miss a few things. That guy is all over the questions with great tips and solid info! :)

Super glad you figured it out. :)

And, welcome to the forum :) and look forward to the cool stuff you will be making!

Hi kmanstudios,

Agree absolutely. I was frustrated with the software doing something so inexplicable, and surprised that there wasn't an explanation easily found. I apologized to gr5, I can only imagine how much thankless work goes into moderating here. Thanks for your comment!

• Like 1