Anyone used Add:north filament

TMicke

Posted · Anyone used Add:north filament

Hi,

Has anyone tried add:north filaments?

Link: https://addnorth.com/en/shop

Since i'm a Swede I got a little extra curious cus I very much like the idea to support your local shops, (Country in this case).

I just bought an UM2+ and are a little short on cash plus I am getting tired of spending hundreds of dollars on filaments that don't meet resonable expectations.

So I thought I would ask all of you fine people in here for your opinion and experiences.

Cheers!

So much for not buying and trying ? 

Ordered 3 different rolls; X-PLA, PLA and PETG.

Guaranteed diameter variance ± 0.025 mm...First I've seen with that low tolerance.

Will get back with some pictures.

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit ashamed for not getting back as I promised, at the time I was all in for printing, then life came in between ?

I'm a bit split in my feeling, cant really decide if I'm to blame or if the filament isn't better.

Somehow I thought it felt really nice and smooth while printing, but ended up having to raise my multiplier to 1.05, but I still had some issues with blobs and I was hoping for more regarding surface quality.

I think that my nozzle got partially clogged during this time, probably because of ColorFabbs HT and nGen that I enthusiastically jumped to and from a bit to much, and then back to X-PLA. I ended up having to set my multiplier to 1.05 with all filaments.

Now I'm a bit more used to my printer and I am starting to test out each filament one by one, as you should do from the beginning ?

Thats a lot of words for saying that I don't really know.

I ordered the Textura Flare samples as well, laying here beside me together with all other stuff ?

Please get back with your experience!

/Micke

I hear you, ?

Samples has been lying for a week, no time to test yet but I'll post the results. 

I'll try on a small piece with much curvature to see how well it behaves hiding the lines as they say. Will do one in PLA to compare with too.

This is the best result I am able to get with add:north's X-PLA. White is usually the hardest color to print but I get similar result with the green as well. Black is better. I have tried temps from 210-230° with X-PLA and there isn't much of a difference, for me...

The one to the left is printed with Primaselect PLA PRO and to the right is X-PLA from add:north

I forgot to use support on the one printed with PLA PRO and realized that it was not needed...

The model is 80mm high.

Slicer S3D

Printer UM2+

Temp 220°

Speed 45mm/s

Layer .15mm

Nozzle .40mm

Printed width .35mm

I'm very disappointed with the result, if you have better results please post your settings and a picture is always nice.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Anyone used Add:north filament

I've made some progress. Two changes, nozzle size and printing temp, but the temp is what made the difference.

Still needs improvement on overhangs but the overall quality is IMHO much better.

Filament - add:north X-PLA

The model is 80mm high. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3054970

Slicer S3D

Printer UM2+

Temp 190°, First layer 210° Otherwise it did not adhere to my bed

Speed 45mm/s

Layer .15mm

Nozzle .60mm

Printed width .55mm

5.jpg

Edited by TMicke
    • Like 1